Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Drop away and Blazer issues... >

Drop away and Blazer issues...

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Drop away and Blazer issues...

Old 03-16-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Drop away and Blazer issues...

I was shooting yesterday and noticed that that the metal part on my Nap drop away 2000 has noticeable marks where my blazers are hitting it. I'm assuming that this is some short of tuning issue, but id like to add that my bow is shooting dead on. Any advice that could help stop this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:29 PM

Default RE: Drop away and Blazer issues...

What metal part r you referring to?
The Prongs?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:46 PM

The part which the prongs go into. Sorry for not clarifying.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:57 PM

If it's on the outside where the arrow is pointing I really don't see how that could be a vane hitting it.
None the less, paper tune your bow. That will show any fletching contact right away. Also , check the vanes to see if there are any kind of marks on them. You could also powder test if you don't have access to a paper tuning rack.
I have only seen fletching contact only on the prongs and not on the rest itself.

Do you shoot w/ cock vane down?
Old 03-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

if its the part i think your sayin that the blazers are hitting, and its hitting in the center of that piece, are you shooting with the odd vane straight down? If you are i would try flipping the arrow over so the odd is pointing up instead and see how that works. Thats how i shoot my trophy ridge and no problems at all. You may have to adjust your drop speed to get the vanes to clear the prongs but that should work fine.

Jeremy
Old 03-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot blazers also and was having problems with them clearing my QAD Ultra rest. Couldnt shoot cock vane straight up because not enough clearance from my cables, but vanes were hitting the rest when it was completely down. Just goes to show you that reading the directions helps, there was another launcher in the package that is an 1/8 taller and solved the problem. Made me feel pretty dumb for not reading the directions.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:41 PM

I believe that NAP was designed for Cock vane down.
If you flip it around the oyher 2 vanes don't have clearence of the prongs.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:34 AM

Yea i have the cock vane down. The arrow in the picture is just showing the peice i was talking about not where the contact is being made. The contact is being made in the center where the vane would go through the prongs. I agree with archer58. I think the cock arrow is supposed to be down for this model.

I forgot to add that bow is perfectly paper tuned and has a bullet hole when shot through the paper.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:31 AM

Well if you are having contact issues your bow is not "perfectly" tuned. The paper is lying to you. You will either have to adjust the timing of your rest or raise your nocking point so the fletching clears your rest. It clearly is not getting away in time.

The rest should come to the full up position in your last inch of draw, right before you hit the wall. If it is coming up before that it is coming up too soon the rest is in contact with the arrow too long. This would defeat the purpose of having a drop a way.

Rest contact and blazers are a BAD thing. They are so stiff they have no forgiveness at all. If you can't fix it I suggest going to feathers, they can hit stuff and have very little effect on arrow flight.

Paul
Old 03-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

No problems here with using the BLAZERS from my RIPCORD reston my SWICHBACK XT

Quick Reply: Drop away and Blazer issues...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.