Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Please Help! Sighting in bow >

Please Help! Sighting in bow

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Please Help! Sighting in bow

Old 03-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Please Help! Sighting in bow

Well, I've had my bow for about 3 months now and today I decided to adjust the sight because when I got the bow all three pins where really close to each other and the bottom pin was accurate out to 25 yards. So I figured I'd just move the pins down, well, after doing that I realized I should have just adjusted the sight up and down. I did both to what looked good and went out and shot. After playing with it a little bit I got the top pin set at 20 yards but if I walk in to 10 or 15 the arrow shoots pretty high. This was not happening before I goofed with the sight. I'm not really sure what to do other than just spend a bunch of time messing around with it. Anyone have any advice? The sight is a Tru-Glo Ultra Extreme 3-pin.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:50 PM

Default RE: Please Help! Sighting in bow

Put the middle pin in the center of the sight then go out and move the whole sight when you sight in that middle pin. After that move the upper and lower pins individually to get them set. That puts everything in the center of your sight picture. Now all you have to do is align the outer ring of the sight inside your peep and you're on center. Wow, is that as confusing as it sounded as I wrote it?[&:]