Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Bowtech Gaurdian or Allegiance >

Bowtech Gaurdian or Allegiance

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Gaurdian or Allegiance

Old 03-13-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Bowtech Gaurdian or Allegiance

I will be purchusing one of these bows come next month. I have went to my proshop and shot them numerous times. I just can't really decide on which one i like better. I like the extra speed i get out of the allegiance but it has noticible more handshock and is louderthan the Gaurdian. The Guardian was a dream to shoot it was just so quite and dead in the hand. I want a bow that i can Hunt and Shoot 3d with because im very active in both. I thought maybe you guys can convince me to go one way or another lol because im in a pickle.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowtech Gaurdian or Allegiance

The Guardian was a dream to shoot it was just so quite and dead in the hand.
I think you just answered your own question

But hey why not get the Guardian for hunting and it's big brother the Commander for 3d

I ordered the Commander for my 3d bowits not as fast as the Guardian but I mainly shoot ASA which has a 280fps speed limit anyway and I like the stability of the longer ATA bow.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:31 PM

Since I carry mine in the mountains all the time I'm leaning toward the lighter weight of the Allegiance.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

Whaterver it is your going to wait for a log time for it.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:27 PM

Nah actually they have like 4 Gaurdians and 2 Allegiances at the shop i go to. Ausie the only thing that irks me with the Guardian is its alittle rougher to draw back than the allegiance. Thats probally the main reason im stuck between the two.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be carrying both this year, but let me offer some insights into how or where I'll use both so maybe that'll help in your decision-making process...

I'm going elk hunting in Colorada in August, and I'll be carrying the '07 Allegiance. With its weight savings over last year's Ally (which is the only bow out of all which I owned that I did NOT sell; that should give you some idea of how much I love the Allegiance) combined with the extra punch it will pack over the Guardian, I think it's going to make a perfect rig for lugging through the mountains and then allowing me to "reach out and touch" something when the need arises...

I fully anticipate my Guardian seeing more action in the whitetail woods of the Midwest. Shorter trips to stand, combined with the fact that my bow hangs from a screw-in hook the majority of the time while in the tree negates the extra weight. Where I think the Guardian will shine is in its quiet nature -- especially given the fact that several times during my hunting career I've been fortunate enough to have been offered multiple shots at turkeys within the same flock. For scenarios like that, I think I'll appreciate the "quiet-ness" of this bow.

Hope that helps just a bit.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a 05 allegiance, great bow. It was quiet, fast and shock free. Only thing I dont care for about them is the grip, too skinny for me. I also heard the allegiances had some limb failure problems, a buddy of mine went through 2 sets of limbs in a year.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was in the same boat earlier this year. I shot both, side by side several times before making a decision. What I found is this. The Guardian is an amazing shooting bow. Very quiet and stable. However, the draw cycle leavesa lot to be desired in my opinion. The Allegiance does have a little more vibration, but a lot of that is attributed to the lighter mass weight of the bow compared to the Guardian.

The deciding factor for me was the draw cycle. I shot about 20 shots through the Guardian first, set at 70lbs and when I switched to the Allegiance, I immediately noticed how much smoother and easier the Allegiance felt to draw. The Alley was also 70lbs with the smooth mods in it. To me, the Guardian feels like there is a "hump" to get through at the end of the draw cycle before letoff. Something I didn't care for at all.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have yet to shoot both side by side so I cannot comment on the draw cycle issue. However that should be somewhat remedied shortly.

I do agree with Ausie though. It sounds like you already answered your own question. I think the Guardian should be more than sufficient for the applications you are intending to use it for. It should also provide a, theoretically, more forgiving design because of the bow's riser geometery.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going with muzzy on this one. I just bought the '07w/ smooth modulesand it had everything to do with draw cycle.I keep thinking about getting the Fast cam mods but an wondering what difference there is.

Quick Reply: Bowtech Gaurdian or Allegiance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.