Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching Glue?

Old 03-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default Fletching Glue?

I have been shooting beman carbons w/ blazers thru a whisker biscuit, and have been using the premium fletch tite glue. However, this stuff is not working very well, and the fletching rips off after 5-10 shots. Is there any other glue out there that can be recommended?
Old 03-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fletching Glue?

The fletch tite should work, make sure you are tipping the vanes. If you are and it still isnt working use either Goat Tuff glue or NAP's Quickspin glue. They are a super glue type of addhesive and work awsome, it doesnt take much at all just a small line tap on a paper towl hold it on the arrow for about 15 seconds and you can go shoot as soon as your done.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:06 PM

yea the standard fletch titeis good glue. that premuim one with the silver and blue bottle is absolute JUNK... a breeze would pull the fletches off if you use that glue... i would switch to a cyano acrylite (sp?) glue such as fast set gel or something like that..
Old 03-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: passthru79

make sure you are tipping the vanes.
Does this mean putting a tiny drop of glue on the tip/front of the vane after gluing it to the shaft?
Old 03-12-2007, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes brucelanthier tipping the fletch means putting just a little drop on the tips of the fletch to help keep them from peeling up. Nice pic by the way.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:24 PM

I use Goat Tuff and I can get them off once I glue them, have to scrape them
Old 03-13-2007, 01:11 AM

wraps and tipping with super glue = bullletproof
Old 03-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

The main secret to good fletching jobs is not in the glue that is used, but how the arrow is prepped. Fletchtite Platinum has worked well for me on carbon and aluminum arrows for years. The super glues are quicker, but OH BOY, a pain in the arse to clean off the shafts.

Give ya little hint. If you are using rubbing alcohol (isoprophyl) to clean shafts you're never going to get any glue to work well. It has oils in it.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:07 AM

I didn't know that, I wipe all mine down with a prep pad but they still glue good and don't come off
Old 03-13-2007, 12:55 PM

I think mine is AAE Fast Set gel or something. I have tried basically every kind of glue out there and find that to be the best. I COULD NOT get any other one to hold the fletching on. You'll just have to experiment until you find the kind that works best for your arrows. Some are absolute horse crap and should be taken off the market.

Quick Reply: Fletching Glue?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.