Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Fred Bear Instinct Problems...Please Help! >

Fred Bear Instinct Problems...Please Help!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fred Bear Instinct Problems...Please Help!

Old 03-10-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Fred Bear Instinct Problems...Please Help!

I am new to archery, and bought my first bow,the Bear Instinct last week. In the VERY short time I've had it, the serving has separated and shows extreme wear. I took it to the shop I bought it from, and the tech put a new string on. 30 shots later, the serving again separated. I took it back in (again today) and the tech filed the cam. 30 shots later, it HAPPENED AGAIN, and the new serving looks 10 years old. Should I demand a new bow, or is this a problem a new cam could fix? Any input would be greatly appreciated.Thank you!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:30 PM

Default RE: Fred Bear Instinct Problems...Please Help!

I have one also were is it wearing at? I noticed that mine shows some small white hairlike on the serving were the string goes aroud the top and the bottom of the bow but I have probaly shot mine over 300 times since I got it. One thing I do is keep the string waxed good
Old 03-11-2007, 11:23 AM

The wear is occuring on the bottom. The serving gets completely worn off after 20-30 shots, and even the string begins to fray. I have shot it about 500-600 times total, only 60 though on the new string that was put on yesterday. I'm beginning to think the cast of the cams on my bow may have had an imperfection in it during production. Either way, the wear that is being caused goes way beyond the white hairlike clumps you are talking about. I was told that is what should happen. I read on here that a guy said that this isn't uncommon for Bear bows to show excessive serving and string wear early, so he polished his cams with a Dremel tool, and the problem never occured again.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:00 PM

I would go to wear you purchased it at and see if they can get cam or cams replaced, They might replace it with a new one (hopfully without the same problem) Maybe its a Mon. or Fri. bow.
I got my Bear from Cabela's one reason for that is that they have awesome customer satisfaction policy, if you don't like it or its not working properly they'll replace it or give you a refund.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:25 PM

I'm not too worried sincewhere I bought it from willmake good on the bow, it's just so frustrating to have it only a week and see that things are going haywire with it.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:14 PM

Believe me I know how you feel I bought a brand spanking new barnett x-bow and after 30 shots the left limb split while it was cocked and the cam smashed the crap out of my hand and I paid over $400 for it.
I would take you bow back to where you bought it you probably paid 300-400 or more for it and just tell them like it is, This bow has a problem and you would like a new one or your money back. If they give you a hassle you can contact Bear Archery and tell them about it and they'll ask you to send it in and they'll fix it.
But either way the bow has a problem or is defective and needs to be fixed before it comes apart in you hands
Old 03-11-2007, 02:46 PM

I shot it today about 100 times, and the wear seems to be no worse than when I started, and the arrows were flying fast and accurate. I'm just going to shoot the hell out of it this week, and if it gets really bad like it was, I'm definitely getting a new one. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:29 PM

Sure, Let us know how everything works out
Old 03-11-2007, 05:19 PM

this happened on my g2 factory strings are crap....... put on custom strings servings are much stronger look for bucknasty strings, bowman , winners choice, vapor trail they don't do badly and stand behind thier product!!!
Old 03-11-2007, 05:40 PM

How much do those brands cost on average?

Quick Reply: Fred Bear Instinct Problems...Please Help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.