Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 extreme nock high with muzzy ze >

extreme nock high with muzzy ze

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

extreme nock high with muzzy ze

Old 03-09-2007, 02:44 PM

Default extreme nock high with muzzy ze

I am just setting up my vectrix. 28.5 inch draw, around 61 to 62 pounds, arrows are cut to almost 27 inches, just short and shooting a 100 grain tip.
The arrows are easton ac superslim 400. I tried bare shaft tuning and the tail of the arrow entered the target extremely high. It seemed to be almost 2 inches. I set the rest up exactly as Mark Land from Muzzy said. I spoke with him on the phone. I can't seem to get the nock end to com down. I have tried moving the rest up and down and also the nocking point down. Does anyone have any ideas.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:45 PM

Default RE: extreme nock high with muzzy ze

If it were me, I would go ahead and fletch up some shafts and see how it paper tunes.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:47 PM

I wouldn't consider 2 inches extremely high. I would fletch up some and use the walk back method of tuning. With the ZE, in my experience anyways, it is very easy to eyeball both centershot and rest elevation to get it very close on the first try.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:56 PM

Fletch them up and see what happens through paper. A couple inches high on a bare shaft test seems nominal to me, you could be shooting down at your target by that much giving the appearance of nock high flight.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:02 PM

I set the target up high enough so I was shooting at it level. Also I was able to set windage and elevation up on the rets really close by eyeballing it. I am shooting at 10 yards and it seems I can see the arrow whip the tail up. I had some fletched up and was getting contact with the cock vane down so much so that it ripped the vane off. I am using the 2 inch blazers.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

It may not help at all, but is the timing correct? I found out on my New Generation rest the launcher arm needed to come up fully at or almost exactly reaching full draw.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:47 PM

Thanks cougar but the timing is right on. I reach full draw at almost the exact same time as the launcher arm is fully raised. I am truly stumped on this one.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Just a thought, maybe your rest is not staying up long enough to keep the front of your arrow up when being fired. I have seen this before.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Len in Md could help you out on that in a NY minute, he has always been right by me for advice, great guy , plenty of knowledge... the best....
Old 03-10-2007, 08:02 AM

When I bare shaft tune I don't take the fletchings completely off the arrow. Shave the fin of the fletching off leaving the base and glue on the arrow. This leaves most of the weight of the fletching (especially with feathers) letting you keep your dynamic spine, weight and FOC pretty much the same. It just cuts down on the amount of steering you will have in the back of the arrow.

Second, pay no mind to how the arrow sits in the target after it is shot. It is a different arrow configuration, it will fly different period! Also depending on the type of target you have the arrow will often shift when it hits the target. Do not bare shaft into a hard medium like a 3-D target! A well used bag target works best. What you are looking for is that your unfletched arrows group with your fletched arrows. You are worried about WHERE they hit the target, not HOW they hit the target. The fletchings will correct this when you add them.

Thats how I do it any way and I can get bare shaft arrows to hit with my fletched arrows out to 50 yards if I do enough tweaking.

If no matter what you do will get your arrows to group together and you have moved your rest or nock point farther than what you think you should have you probably have a spine issue. Try changing your tip weight, draw weight or arrow length.

Paul

Quick Reply: extreme nock high with muzzy ze

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.