Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Martin Bengal?

Old 03-08-2007, 05:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Martin Bengal?

Never shot one of these before or been around martin bows how are they?
How do they shoot/feel and so on?
Thanks
Old 03-08-2007, 06:19 AM

Default RE: Martin Bengal?

Went 2 weeks ago and tryed one Wow
great draw curve and no shock
great bang for the buck $$
i now have one on order

Old 03-08-2007, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome bow for the money........I have one and will hunt with it this year. It is as smooth as my old Switchback XT, it is as quiet as the XT, and it is as hand shock free as my XT was. The fit and finish isn't quite as nice as some of the $700+ bows but if you haveit upgraded to the thermal elite (leather+wood side plates) the grip is quite nice. Add in the fact that they used a laminated limb that is much higher quality than a LOT of the high end bows and you really have a smoking deal.

I honestly think this bow is the best value out there for the average hunter. I can't wait to get mine bloody.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

Would you trade an 05 AR31 for a new never been shot Martin Bengal?
Old 03-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

About the Grip on Martins...thats the only thing i dont like....What i did was go and get some wrap for a tennis Racket and wrap over the existing grip with it nice and tight,then tack the end of the wrap with some fletch or super glue so it stays put...it looks kind of CHEESY but it feels great...and is a cheap solution for those who dont like to feel any part of the metal riser....

ive never felt the thermal elite grip martin offers most...mines just the standard generic all rubber grip.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Spike

I have the Pantera and it is like the Bengal just 3 more inchs axle to axle and these bows are sweet
Old 03-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

martin bows arent the most cutting edge in tech...but they are a good company with solid Reputation and have been around since the dawn of thecompound revolution...and they put out some Damngood bows for the Price...i recomend any bow in Martin's line to anyone that wants to shoot a new bow...none of there bows have a real weakness, they do everything well...thats how nice they really are....i didnt get paid to typethis....but iwish I could get half off the price of a new martin for it now that i think about it!!![&o][8D]
Old 03-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Alpha Capo

martin bows arent the most cutting edge in tech...but they are a good company with solid Reputation and have been around since the dawn of thecompound revolution...and they put out some Damngood bows for the Price...i recomend any bow in Martin's line to anyone that wants to shoot a new bow...none of there bows have a real weakness, they do everything well...thats how nice they really are....i didnt get paid to typethis....but iwish I could get half off the price of a new martin for it now that i think about it!!![&o][8D]
What makes them not cutting edge in your opinion? Just curious what your thoughts are here...........
Old 03-10-2007, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hope saying Martin isnt cutting edge wasnt out of line...i wouldnt want you to Grind yourmuddy boots into my new suede Sofa and pimp slap meRIck James *****

not an expert on history of Martin but to mefrom a design standpoint...

Martin always seems to have a great understanding of what works well... they quietly go about there buisness making great bows...without bombarding consumers with "we got the latest and Greatest" this and that hype...they just arent cutting edge in that perspective....they basically seem like they dont want the spotlight on them...while the materials and quality of product is top notch...they just usually arent the first company to cross a line....and then scream to the world about it.

on the other handlook at the Bowtech Guardian....it looks like an alien bow or something out of Starwars(ugly) from a design standpoint...it looks totally different than anything out there...and everyone in the archery world knows about...kindof the samedeal with the switchback when it came out.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:03 PM

Two weeks ago, I shot one of these at an indoor range. Five arrow shafts touching at 20 yards. Pull is initially kinda stiff - not as smooth coming and going as the Mathews - but its a shooter. And the IBO looks pretty good too - if that matters to someone.

Quick Reply: Martin Bengal?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.