Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Broadheads that fly like field points? >

Broadheads that fly like field points?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Broadheads that fly like field points?

Old 01-08-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Broadheads that fly like field points?

I have been away from archery for about 25 years. Are there any good fixed broadheads that generally fly about the same as the same weight field point? I have heard the expandables advertise this feature, but I'm not so sure I want to rely onthe mechanical opening of the blades. Thanks. Roskoe.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:27 PM

Default RE: Broadheads that fly like field points?

Most would say slick tricks,but any broadhead should fly true out of a well tuned bow.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:31 PM

Well tuned or not I disagree that all broadheads should fly well out of a bow.

If that was the case, wouldn't all broadheads fly well if one flew well?

Different broadheads will fly differently.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:40 PM

You work at Bass Pro,that explains alot[&:]
Old 01-08-2007, 04:48 PM

Well, I'm not sure how to take that

All I'm saying is, from a scientific angle, different broadheads should fly differently.

Different cutting diameters, different blade designs (shorter, longer, wider, thinner, different amount of cut-outs, etc.).

More surface area is exposed on different broadheads, which would affect area flight, even if it is very minutely.

I wasn't trying to challenge or shoot-down what you said, just expressing what I thought, so that in the case of which I may be wrong (which is very possible) I can learn something new.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

tune your bow and most BHs will fly pretty dang close to your FPs. ive shot 2 diffrent style FPs, 4 diffrent fixed BHs and 1 mechanical. all were the same weight..but diffrent styles and sizes. some shot closer than others..but they all flew pretty danged close. close enough i would hunt with any of them in a pinch..although i had pefrect holes in the paper tuning and everything lined up right my BHs hit diffrent. adjusted the nock ever so slightly and my BHs and FPs were slamming together. and all the other BHs did too.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:49 PM

A WELL tuned bow, a WELL tuned arrow, and a concentricbroadhead combination is the perfect combination for success. It doesn't matter what brand name is on the bow, the arrow, or the broadhead; it's the tuned combination that matters.

And to answer the question with a caveat, any good/tuned/ concentric broadhead will hit with field tips out of a well tuned bow with a well tuned arrow. If it can't be done, then you're missing part of the puzzle.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Roskoe..

There are a lot of great broadheads that fly well. The two I'd recommend would be G5 Striker and the Nap Nitron. The striker flies great and has replaceable blades, which is great. Best of luck and welcome back to archery.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll save you the trouble of reading any more posts.... Just go click on this link, send a check , and you're done!

www.slicktrick.net
Old 01-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

A WELL tuned bow, a WELL tuned arrow, and a concentricbroadhead combination is the perfect combination for success. It doesn't matter what brand name is on the bow, the arrow, or the broadhead; it's the tuned combination that matters.

And to answer the question with a caveat, any good/tuned/ concentric broadhead will hit with field tips out of a well tuned bow with a well tuned arrow. If it can't be done, then you're missing part of the puzzle.
Very well said Len.

Roscoe, here are my list of good flying heads (although none will fly as well as they could if they are coming out of a poorly tuned bow).

Slick Tricks, Magnus Stinger, and G5 Strikers.

Quick Reply: Broadheads that fly like field points?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.