Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Martin draw length ajustment?? >

Martin draw length ajustment??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Martin draw length ajustment??

Old 12-11-2006, 12:46 AM

Default Martin draw length ajustment??

Aloha All,

I think I could shorten my draw length a bit since Im using a release now and am hoping someone on here may of had to do this to there bow.
It's a 2000 Martin Jaguar with Z cams . I have different modules for it . Do I need a press ?? Im shooting spot on but I dont think Im reaching the full wall as Im anchored. Would this cause less power to my arrow??
If anyone has any idea's please help me out , Martin forum got me zero replys and there manual for this bow is unavailable[:@] Well thanks again ladies and gents , Happy Holidays.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:59 AM

Default RE: Martin draw length ajustment??

You do not need a press to change the draw length with the Z-cams.

You simply remove the screw holding the module in place, pop that module off, and replace it with a longer/shorter module depending on what you're trying to accomplish.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:13 AM

Alright Dan , You da man
Old 12-11-2006, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

paka , by martin forum , do you meen archerytalk.com , if not you should try there , as martin owns that website and many of their shooters/techs should respond quickly .
Old 12-12-2006, 01:20 AM

ijimmy,
Thanks for idea. I was on the Martin home site and they have a forum there.
How's this . I checked out the bolts holding in my modules last night and my top module was missing one screw , and the otherscrew was just barely threaded in. It could of fell out at any moment. So I took care of it with another screw and its all good to go.
I did have to put my string on a hanger and pull down bow with one hand so cams would rotate to get acess to the screws . Was interesting put got it done.
Also left draw length alone because my martin only adjust in 1 inch increments so Im gonna stay were I'm at.
Thanks guys for the replys
Old 12-12-2006, 01:59 AM

Paka,

You should not have had to move your string at all to access the screws holding your modules in place.

An allen wrench should fit in perfectly the way the bow is without drawing it at all.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:37 AM

Dan ,
All my allen bolts were under limbs. No way anything was getting in there. Think something might be fishy??
Old 12-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

paka,

A lot of bows with mods may have the module screws behind the limb. Quite common in fact. There's nothing wrong here. It's just the way it is. The easy way to do this is often to just squeeze the cable or pull it toward the riser and then do what you gotta do with the screws. If there is too much tension for you to hold the cable then you might try using a zip-tie to hold it while you move the module.

Better yet, get you a portable bow press like the Bowmaster and you'll be able to do a lot of other things as well.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:02 PM

Well all I know is that this is my bow set up with the Z-cams. As you can see, the allen bolts are next to the limb, not underneith them. The allen wrench fits right up against the limb when I back the bolts out.

Old 12-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

paka,

You're OK. Don't worry about it. Looking at your cam it looks like you can get a wrench on them. If not just squeeze the cable a little to rotate the cam.

Quick Reply: Martin draw length ajustment??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.