Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 which bow would you buy? >

which bow would you buy?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

which bow would you buy?

Old 12-08-2006, 08:56 AM

Default which bow would you buy?

hey fellas, I'm looking to get a new bow but I can't decide which one. the two that I am interested in are the Hoyt Vectrix and the Diamond Black Ice. if anyone has any info , good or bad or if there is another bow that you think is better, please post them.

thanks, teddy
Old 12-08-2006, 09:11 AM

Default RE: which bow would you buy?

Just bought the Vectrix this week, and I am very happy with it. The draw is incredibly smooth, it rivals the Cam and a half. Incredibly quiet w/ NO shock or vibration. It is very easy to hold on target, it just....sits there.

I have no experiece w/ the Black Ice, so I can't speak intelligently on that. Here's my baby...gotta show her off a little, ya know?

Old 12-08-2006, 09:12 AM

Uhhhhhhh.....wow.....not sure how that photo got that big, or ugly.....that's horrible....my apologies. [:'(]
Old 12-08-2006, 09:21 AM

there is no doubt about it, the vectrix is a beautiful bow! it was my first choice but the diamond with the beyond parallel limbs cought my attention. I don't want to sell myself short. I want the best one. thanks for the reply!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

I also baught the Vectrix XL, I have no info on the Diamond but I did shoot the new Mathews and Bowtech bows. The Vectrix is everything Mobowhuntr said.

You do know that it is going to come down to your opinion since your are the one throwing down the cash!
Old 12-08-2006, 10:04 AM

yea I know it. my opinion is giving me hell. all the insight I can get might help.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's not a fair comparison is it? I'd pick the Vectrix over the Black Ice. What in the Bowtech line does the Diamond Black Ice compare to? Isn't that like Hoyt/Reflex, Bowtech/Diamond? Just a question?
Old 12-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

That's not a fair comparison is it? I'd pick the Vectrix over the Black Ice. What in the Bowtech line does the Diamond Black Ice compare to? Isn't that like Hoyt/Reflex, Bowtech/Diamond? Just a question?
Disregard, I did my own research and I've changed my mind, I couldn't decide without shooting them both.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:20 PM

The company Diamond is made by Bowtech
Old 12-08-2006, 01:56 PM

If you can go to your local shop and test fire both, that is what I would do. It's not the bow that makes the hunter, it's the man behind the bow. Pick the one that feels and shoots the best in your opinion and then work with it setting it up the way you would like. Your local pro shop would be more than willing to help.