Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 A quick bow setup how-to... >

A quick bow setup how-to...

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A quick bow setup how-to...

Old 08-10-2009, 06:59 AM

Thank you so much for the profound demonstration.It would be nice tutorial for us beginners.
Old 08-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Spike

Greg,

Been using the same setup for a couple of years now and have had excellent results with it as well. As far as using paper and walkback tuning, I only do it now for kicks and giggles when bored. I really think it's pretty much unnecessary with most bows. Great post!
Old 12-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Spike

I bought a BowTech SWAT not long ago, and decent accessories to go along with it. Unfortunately, I've been having trouble getting comfortable with taking a shot. I got two deer from less than 20 yards (on the ground) but then missed slightly high on a third - my guess is a liver shot. I couldn't find it. The guilt of wounding a deer has now crippled me. In my head I had blamed the deer for ducking (it did, BTW) but that wasn't the real problem. My arrow just didn't go where I aimed. It wasn't until I started doing a little research that I discovered how horribly inept I am at setting up the bow in the first place. I kno a tenth of what I thought I knew. My target practice should have tipped me off. My groupings with my old bow were tight, but my groupings with my BowTech were practically random. Others blamed the arrows. I know better now. It will be a while before I can justify the expense of the bow vice and the laser gauge, not to mention a bow press but, at the same time, how can I justify not having a bow that is set up perfectly.

Thanks Greg. I sincerely appreciate your guidance.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Great post!!!
Old 02-13-2010, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Awsome, thanks for sharing!!!
Old 11-13-2010, 05:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Instead of spending all that money on bow gagets, most have the stuff right in their own garage. Here is a list of garage items I use:

2 levels (perfect straight edges)
2 quick clamps
Vernier Caliper
Bow tee
On some bows you made need spacers between the levels and the limbs in order to clear the sight and quiver mount. No need to remove anything, just put the same spacer on either side of the bow and the level.

The bow tee will ensure a perfect 90 with the string. Clamp the levels on either side of your limb bolts and use the vernier caliper to ensure the distance between the arrow and each side of your levels are equal. That will produce a tuned bow.

Last edited by Fieldmouse; 11-13-2010 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Spike

Default A quick bow setup how-to...

Greg, I'm glad you said. I think I heard somewhere that WWAG has stopped production for sale, but I guess I heard wrong. Everyone I have talked tothat used his press has had good things to say about it.

I had planned to seek release from Apple, but at WWAG price and advise you and the others', I guess I'll give PM when the money goes
Prey must have the predator, such as the predator needs the prey. One without the other is something less. The wolf without the deer becomes a dog. Deer without the wolf becomes a cow. And whether the man be?
Old 04-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Spike

Hi Greg, I think that go ahead and give yourself one of these little deer head. best of luck... it will be great and better to you...
Old 07-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Spike

Default A quick bow setup how-to...

I bought a Bowtech SWAT recently, and the proper accessories to go with it. Unfortunately, I had difficulty getting comfortable with taking a shot. I had two deer from less than 20 meters (ground), but then declined slightly over a third - my guess is a blow to the liver. I can not find. Guilt wounding a deer has been paralyzed. In my head, I ducked charged for the deer (that, BTW), but it's not the real problem. Arrow I just do not go where I aimed. It was not until I started doing a little research I found out how horrible is not feasible to create an arc in the first place. I kno a tenth of what I think I know. Shoot I'll explode. Group I with my long bow was short, but my group with my Bowtech almost random. Others accused the arrows. I know better now. This will be a bit 'before I can justify the cost of the handle bow and laser gauges, especially the press arc, but at the same time, how can I justify not have a bow that is set perfectly.

Thanks Greg. I really appreciate your help.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Spike

Wow, I have a lot to learn. I just bought my first bow. I guess I had no idea what was going to be required to set it up properly. Thanks for the info, I think? Bowhunting for Beginners

Quick Reply: A quick bow setup how-to...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.