Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 A quick bow setup how-to... >

A quick bow setup how-to...

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A quick bow setup how-to...

Old 01-21-2008, 03:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A quick bow setup how-to...

There is a new laser out that I would actually like to have myself but I would preferr it to be longer so you could use it at full draw.This one should work with all bows to eliminate cam lean to finding centershot.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great thread , thanks Greg for sharing your Knowledge with us again .

Also while i'm thinkin about it , what type of stabiliser is it you use on your Bows ??? . I was meant to ask before now .
Old 01-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Appreciate the kind words, bailsuk...

I have Stealth stabilizers on all my bows. I love the vibration-dampening abilities combined with the weight of the six-inch models on my hunting rigs, and I picked up an 11 1/2" model for my 3d rig this year. You can check them out further at www.stealtharchery.com:

Old 08-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Typical Buck

I was looking on YouTube lastnight and PSE has a video showing this process in detail. I will post the link to it when I get home.I can't get onto Youtube at work.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Greg/Mo, I hope you can help me out, my son is wanting to work on his own bow. I have been going over things with him and got my old press out. The problem is I can not remember how to tie a peep in. Is there any DVD's/books that would help him or can you do a thread on it. Thanks for any help.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry I missed your post, but glad we got you taken care of via PM... I just now saw it.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a new laser out that I would actually like to have myself but I would preferr it to be longer so you could use it at full draw.This one should work with all bows to eliminate cam lean to finding centershot.

Here is my thought/question with the BowPlane Laser. The way it appears to me in the pictures (Cabelas archery catalog 2008 edition page 54), it attaches to the string like a bow square does. It seems to me that the lower arm is attached to the center serving while the upper arm is attached directly to the string. Unless the armis exceedingly short that is what would happen. In that scenario you would be off before you even start. To my untrained eyethe Bowplanelooks like it would be worse than the EZ-Eye laser as far as accurate readings go....
Old 08-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

...Hmmm, Looking at the Bowplane laser in Cabelas hardcover 2007 Fall Edition page 821, hereit connects to the serving using a nock system not unlike an arrow shaft. Completely different than I described above from their archery catalog.....interesting.....
Old 06-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Spike

Greg I am wanting to start do things to my bow myself and I have read a couple of your threads and I really appreaciate them. I cant wait to get some of these awesome products. I have a question though, the only place I can work in is my garage and someone said the humidity mess things up like fletchings not sticking very welland so on, what do you think
Old 07-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

shinobi, I say... pfffft. Most people use super-glue like adhesives to affix vanes these days to shafts, and I just don't think it's going to matter in your case.

Now... I'll tell you from experience: don't STORE your stuff in something like a garage -- not because of the humidity, but because of the heat. It's amazing how much heat can build up in an enclosed space like a garage or attic. Limbs can and do delaminate (come apart). Don't ask me how I know.

Same goes for keeping your bow in a car or trunk in the summer.

Quick Reply: A quick bow setup how-to...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.