Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 A quick bow setup how-to... >

A quick bow setup how-to...

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

A quick bow setup how-to...

Old 01-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A quick bow setup how-to...

This has been a very informative thread. Carry on by all means. I love this site. I learn something new everyday on here.

Shane
Old 01-08-2007, 04:28 AM

Also, I just sold my Hooter Shooter. It sat around taking up space and collecting a lot of dust for about 5 years. Just like the EZE Eye, I rarely used it.
Len, I've never use one, but wouldn't a Hooter Shooter be useful to "nock tune" each arrow with precision? I wouldn imagine that the average shop has few customers willing to pay for such detailed tuning, but still, it seems like it would be very useful for that.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is exactly what My friend does with his.He tunes arrowsfor 70 and 90 meters.This can get quite expensive for a real detailed job.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:37 AM

Yes, tuning/selecting arrows is one of the best uses for a Hooter Shooter. Even then, a well tuned bow is necessary to achieve good results even with this equipment. And, it is very time consuming and requires shooting at distances that most shops don't have available.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I came across this from Norb Mullaney while reading in this month's Bowhunting World, and it reminded me of this thread...

"Prior to last year I always set up bows by eye, sighting the alignment of a nocked arrow with the plane of the string. This usually proved a good place to start because it didn't take a lot of fiddling from that point to obtain a good tune. However over the pasty year I have been using a clever little laser tool that takes all of the guesswork out of the process. Called the EZE-EYE, this device uses a rotating laser to check alignment over the full length of the arrow. I have found tht it's a great help in finding the ideal place to start the final tuning process."

Norb obviously tests many, many bows from different manufacturers in his evaluative role. I found it interesting that even in this capacity, he is finding this tool useful and beneficial!

Old 03-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

As always Greg a mighty fine post, i will be saving it in my favarites
Old 01-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

Bump for a great thread...

Since the search function on this site leaves alot to be desired I was thumbing through the last SIXTY-SEVEN friggin' pages looking for a specific topic and came across this gem, used it to check the set-up my new bow. Maybe others would find this useful and didn't know or forgot it existed. Why isn't it a sticky??
Old 01-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you don't paper tune , how do you fine tune after using the levels and lazer?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

I should also mention Greg, that you've caused me to decide to order all of the tools you mentioned.

I have $500 coming relatively soon from my dad and the sale of my grandmother's house that I had planned on spending on archery "stuff."

I think I'll just go ahead and set up my own little shop for myself with the money. Anything else you think that are "essential" things that should be included in an archery room, let me know. I don't have a press, but I think I might wait a bit for that piece of equipment.
you can get a portable one for like 50 bucks i think at basspro.com
Old 01-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow! An oldie but a goodie I haven't seen in a long time!

If you don't paper tune , how do you fine tune after using the levels and lazer?
TFOX has got a thread at the top on walkback and group tuning, which is a fine compliment to finishing off the process.

Quick Reply: A quick bow setup how-to...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.