Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bowtech or mathews????? >

bowtech or mathews?????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech or mathews?????

Old 08-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default bowtech or mathews?????

I am trying to decide which to buy.I have owned a patriot and a 05 defender.they both shot great.I haven't got a chance to shot a switchback.only draw one.the dealer by me is all out of them and back ordered.i hear the 06 alligence and tribute is awsome.what you guys think?
Old 08-20-2006, 07:14 AM

Default RE: bowtech or mathews?????

Shoot both and see how each one feels to you. What is good for someone else might not be good for you.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:52 AM

either, whatever you like best. i'll say that i've taken apart the bows you're talking about, and in my opinion the mathews is put together better at the cam end, and the limb pocket end. using the limb caps as the spacers/contact pt for the cam - its beyond me why bowtech is doing that. the bowtechs are faster. the mathews limbs look to have a little more mass. having 3 bowtechs - it just looks to me like the mathews is put together better - but it won't out perform the bowtech in the speed department. the accuracy department - that's up to you.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:36 AM

I think the 06 Allegiance is a major improvement over the 05. The limb caps on the BowTechs are a better way to reinforce the limb tips than thepreviously used cap screws. They also preclude the use ofthe spacers of last year. Too many people had problems with keeping the spacers in right, when swapping cams. I don't buy that Mathews is put together better. There have been no issues related to the 06 limb pockets or cams. With bearings, there areno bushings to wear. The strings on the BowTechs are much better. At this level of bows it generally comes down to personal preference. If you want to pick up an 06 for a deal, you'll find them to be better bows than the 05s. Or wait on the 07s. You'll be amazed.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:51 PM

phil, yes, there have been many, many issues with the cams and limb caps rubbing on the '06 bowtechs because there aren't any spacers - and with major cam lean/limb deflection, etc.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:14 PM

What are the "issues"? I've seen none with cams or the caps causing problems. The limb twist has been pretty much rectified since 05. What do you do when your Mathews cam leans? The lean thing has been beat to death, but the cams and caps having problems is a new one on me.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:25 PM

BOWTECH!!!!! Nuff said
Old 08-20-2006, 10:30 PM

i have owned a bowtech mighty mite and i just got a SQ2 mathews paid $500 on ebay , took the bow to a shop to have it tuned some before season . why i was there ,they had just gotten two new 2006 60-70 # tribues . i shot the tribue once and traded my SQ2 on the spot ,$401.39+ the mathews ......i have been shoting for38 years ...

the tribue is fast , no shock was noted at all .. and no string or cable slap .. these are bad to the bone bows ....

i rated the mathews a 8.5 on a scale of 1 to 10 . the tribue amed 10 ...maybe with my drop rest and tuneing for me . the bow may rate full scale 10 ...

it feels great for balance and controll

wicked fast...328 acts like 350 fps of the blackknight ... it may be the new cams but it is screaming fast ...

i well be testing & shotting the tribue and ill get back with a over all hands on test of the bow ..

i have not shot a switchback , dont plan to lol ...

Old 08-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot both and feel which is better in your hands. They are both very good bow makers! The Bowtech will shoot faster though....
Old 08-21-2006, 04:11 AM

the open end of the cap rubbed a circle out of my cam, actually could feel it when drawing. 6 of the 26 new bowtechs did this straight out of the box at the shop at the beginning of the year. been given about 4 reasons this occurs ('06 consti for me). all limbs were replaced on all the bows.several of the bowsdid the exact same thing after the limb change - bowtech said the limbchange would fix it.i actually put spacers in mine to keep it from happening again. the reason that makes the most sense that was given is that when the blades get dull on the machine that cuts the limbs the tolerances get bad - and this causes it. it may be new to you, but it has happened quite a bit, and there are still issues with cam lean.

oh, on my pat and sb i put 4 more twists in the right side of the yoke (i'm a righty) than in the left. this seems to get the string coming off straight at full draw on both those bows. actually went toa floating yoke on the pat - which liked that setup very much - but haven't tried it on the sb after getting several reports thatthey were tough to tune that way.

Quick Reply: bowtech or mathews?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.