Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Walk back tuning >

Walk back tuning

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Walk back tuning

Old 08-13-2006, 04:31 PM

Default Walk back tuning

Here are my last three arrows at 40 yrds with my 20 yrd pin.This was my final rest adjustment,the wind was quite strong from the left but I don't think it had a great effect on my shots.
Do ya think I should check it again when the wind dies down?
Old 08-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Walk back tuning

If your arrows are hitting the center line at 40 yards in a decent cross wind, I'd check it again later. You may find your sights are set up for hitting left by several inches.

"Grain of salt" factor: I shoot a relatively slow bow at 210fps, and large diameter arrows so I see some wind drift when it's blowing out there.
You may not see as much, but I'd check anyway. I'm the only one I've ever personally met that has intentionally shot with a cross wind to see the difference in POI.

Honestly, it would never occur to me to attempt tuning or even sighting in with so much as a mouse fart blowing things around, but that's justme.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:38 AM

Maybe it's the photo, but your target looks like it's not level. The black line needs to be perfectly vertical or your tuning will be off.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:51 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Bulzeye

If your arrows are hitting the center line at 40 yards in a decent cross wind, I'd check it again later. You may find your sights are set up for hitting left by several inches.

Yes you have a good point Bulzeye,and I think your on to something (checking poi in cross wind).I've never thought of that but think I will practice the same.As far as tuning in the wind,I don't get much time out( new baby)have to take advantage of any chances I get,not complaining

Straightarrow I'm quite sure thats just the pic,thanks to you both
Old 08-15-2006, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

the wind was quite strong from the left but I don't think it had a great effect on my shots.
It did, wind is a factor
Old 08-15-2006, 07:52 PM

well ijimmy looks like i have to get back out there on a calm day,putting bulzeye's poi/crosswind analyzing to confirm or dismiss whether or not the wind effected my arrows ,I was shooting 340 Axis (thin shafts) at a descent speed will post the results