Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Alright STS users >

Alright STS users

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Alright STS users

Old 08-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Alright STS users

As some of you know, i put one on my Tribute. Love the noise and vibration reduction, but I swear it's affecting the flight of my arrows. Anyone else experience this and did you fix it? Thanks.

Kelly
Old 08-02-2006, 10:03 PM

Default RE: Alright STS users

I have one on my tribute

You may have to retune a bit

But my bow is shooting great with it on
Old 08-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rack...nice to have you back by the way. Did you put serving on your string due to wear?
Old 08-02-2006, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I noticed my group suffer the other day whenI slid mine out of the way for some testing.I can only assume that this is because my bow is tuned with the STS in place, so therefore I'd be inclined to think you need to "retune" your bow to the STS. Probably a nock high or low issue since the STS would appear to cause the nock to get thrown down because it only hits the string below the nocking point.

Rack-attack- nice to see you back here as well.

I'm no Rack-attack, but I did find the need to serve mystring on my Tribute with the newer style STS. Without the serving it started fraying the string rather quickly.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I made some minor adjustments after i put mine on... It affects the way the string deforms when the arrow is released, so it would make sense that youd have to retune.

Take a rubberband between two fingers and "shoot" it as if it were a bow, watch how the band moves back and forth. Do it again w/ another finger bout 1/3 of the way from the bottom... Has the same pattern of deformation, just in twosmaller bandwithds... (I got bored at work yesterday, and have rubberbands laying all over
Old 08-03-2006, 03:22 PM

I had to retune a little bit but now it's shooting great with no vibration and super quiet.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had to adjust my sight. The point of impact went several inches up and left when I put the STS on. After a couple of minutes and small adjustments I was back and better than ever.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:35 PM

Thanks for the hello

Yes I always serve the string on all the bows I set them up on.........

For the tribute I usua;;y set them up with the stop pressing into the string abput 1/16" of an inch.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright guys...I shot all day and got it dialed in out to 50. It still amazes me how quiet this thing makes my bow. You can barely hear it. I actually could see deer in the woods while I was practicing and not one look of alarm. Appreciate all the help and confidence to get this on and tuned up.

kelly
Old 08-06-2006, 12:08 PM

Hey gentlemen..I'm considering an STS on my new tribute and am wondering if you guys used the double weight STS specified for short ATA bows or are using the standard one. Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: Alright STS users

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.