HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Monster Bows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/150601-monster-bows.html)

xt3rm1n4t0r 08-05-2006 10:59 PM

Monster Bows

Here is a brand new line of bows our of Michigan. Created to be CAMLESS, no cam. They are still small but i would just like for more people to be familiar with them. There bow look much like the oneida bows. The have only one bow as of right now and will begin production for distribution in a few michigan dealers. www.monsterbows.com check them out and let me know what you think.

Budriser 08-05-2006 11:28 PM

RE: Monster Bows

I smell something!

Dairy King 08-06-2006 01:06 AM

Not spam. Im pretty sure this guy is not affliated with Monster Bows LTD. I know the two guys who own the company, one of the guys built my bow for himself a couple years ago, then sold it (see sig.). But its notthe style of bows they specialize innow.It's a custom Oneida.Those two guys would not advertise like this, this is not their style. ILRancher has a few bows from them I believe, not this style either, just modified a little.

Edit: I just checked his profile. Definitely not them. They wouldn't put their name in there like that.

Dairy King 08-06-2006 01:49 AM

And, Im not rippin on this guy. I just didn't want this to get deleted as spam, when it's not. In fact, Im glad he made the post, I've been meaning to for a while, just keep forgetting.

xt3rm1n4t0r 08-06-2006 01:53 AM

how did u get to know these guysif u dont mind me asking?

since u live in indiana, and they are mainly based in michigan.

Dairy King 08-06-2006 02:27 AM

Illinois.

I don't know them personally. But I have exchange emails with Mike and Bob. Well, originally, I bought a 95 Oneida Phanton II because I like the looks of my uncles Steath Eagle. I was doing a search on the internet and found the Oneida forums. Got to know the guys on there, became good friends with them all. See, if you don't know already, the creators of Monster Bows began originally modifying Oneida Stealth Eagles into the bow they were made to be. And they were on the Oneida forum. Then they started tinkering with their own designs (Axe cam and such), then it led to improving the Firebrand bows design into what it should be. Now, we have the Phoenix. Another delay in limb supply as put another delay in getting the production up and running. [:o]These guys are really coming out with some great bows. By the next ATA show, they will have a couple more all new bow designs that is really gonna change the archery world.

nodog 08-06-2006 09:17 AM

The limbs look like they act as a cam. Do they get out of time?

Snood Slapper 08-06-2006 09:43 AM

There is a very, very long story (a saga really) with all this. Basically the way I understand it when Oneida made the camless Discovery bow, the designer and son (Roger and Trevor Loomis I believe), left Oneida, or was Oneida at the time and filed for bankruptsy or something, and started Firebrand Technologies to build the camless break-over limb bows. Anyhow, Firebrand quickly went belly up due to poor design, customer service, and quality control problems. I had one of their bows and had to deal with them, so I speak from experience. The design itself had promise and the guys from Monster bows, who are Oneida shooters and also owned Firebrand bows, probably saw that and were frustrated with the workings of Firebrand - just guessing. Longer story shortened - the Monstor Bows guys know what they are doing and their bows are what the Firebrand bows should have been. I believe in the design, because when my Firebrand was shootable, it was very nice. No barnburner, but increadibly smooth. I would like to see Monster Bows get bigger and be able to do more, and to someday buy one perhaps when that happens.

Interestingly enough, Firebrand's forum is still up and you can read, if interested, about the whole sorted mess and how Firebrand basically turned the lights out on its costomers: http://pub41.ezboard.com/bdiscoverybowhunting

RDHunter 08-07-2006 03:18 PM

I wonder how quiet they are it looks like the limbs would be slaping on the main limb after the release and what about the vibrition, a little or short axleto axel would have a lot of that.

Dairy King 08-07-2006 04:05 PM

If your truly interested go to www.monsterbows.com/forums and read a few threads. From what I hear they are quiet, smooth, and vibration free. One shooter said there is no hint of anything mechanical going on at all.