Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 whats  the best fall away rest? >

whats the best fall away rest?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

whats the best fall away rest?

Old 07-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: whats the best fall away rest?

I second the schaffer fall away. Sweeter than hell!
Old 07-29-2006, 01:06 AM

dont forget the golden key mirage--excellent hunting rest.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

I will stay old school.... Muzzy Zero effect for me. I have been using it for years , on different bows, and it has NEVER failed me yet. Never had a reason to change.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Two words. ULTRA REST!
Old 07-29-2006, 10:59 PM

Just installed a QAD Ultra pro Ld a week ago and it works great. No noise, no fletching contact and no worries about my arrow falling off.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like this arrow rest. It works really good.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424&rid=&i ndexId=cat20074&navAction=push&navCount=6& amp;parentType=index&parentId=cat20074&id= 0032965
Old 08-01-2006, 04:51 AM

quick spins shoot fine with field tips but they are harder then u no what to sight in a broadhead with i shot them and got mad when i couldnt sight them in i changed to feathers and u can take a 3 feathered arrow and take one off and they still shoot the same and they fly alot better to but alot of guys like quick spins and some like feathers its all up tp the shooters and what u expect out of your shots around southern IL u better make sure u dont miss some places go by as long as can hit a pie plate ur good around here the tighter the better u can never be to tight
Old 08-02-2006, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

Q.A.D. Ultra Rest!!! Nock it, lock it, and forget it.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: goldtip46

dont forget the golden key mirage--excellent hunting rest.
I'll second that! The Mirage is an awesome rest! I have two of them on two different bows and have been using the miragefor several years nowand it has functioned perfect with no problems.GKFtotally redesigned this rest in 05 andmade another upgrade in 06 by adding teflon bushings to the launcher arm. IMO the mirage is without a doubt the best hunting fallaway out there. It's built very solid,easy to setup and tune and once it's set it stays set. It provides everything i was looking for in a fallaway for hunting. It has good arrow containment with it's cup design and great arrow capture on the draw with it's scoop launcher. It will pick up the arrow and center it everytime no matter where the arrow is lying on the bow shelf when drawn. It's also whisper quiet on the draw as well as on the shot which is a must for me in a hunting rest. I won't use anything else on my hunting bow.

[/align]

Life's Tough....God's Good....Pray Hard!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have fitted a NAP SmartRest on my Tribute. The rest of itself works well and tuning it, is simple.
However, there's one thing that troubles me--and that's the 'THUMP' after the shot, as the launcher hits the arrow holder. Even with the felt silencers, there isn't much of a difference.
Maybe the TR DZ is indeed the ticket.

Quick Reply: whats the best fall away rest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.