Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Hoyt Ultra Sport >

Hoyt Ultra Sport

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hoyt Ultra Sport

Old 06-15-2006, 07:31 AM

Default Hoyt Ultra Sport

Hey guys, I could really use some suggestions....I recently picked up a new Hoyt Ultra Sport..2 cam, set at 60lbs, shooting a 27 inch carbon arrow(400's)... with aTrophy Taker drop away..I'm really out of ideas on trying to get the darn thingpaper tuned properly. I'm getting ahard tear to the right, no matter what i do with movement of the rest...no contact, timming is good, tiller is good,tried500's along with a longer 400. In the back of my mind I keep think it's to do with the way that I have my rest set up or the rest itself...I've tried everthing that i can think of..
Old 06-15-2006, 03:17 PM

Default RE: Hoyt Ultra Sport

What weight point are you using? If you are using 100 gr, try a 125. If that has no effect, you certainly have a problem w/ your rest alignment. Just for giggles, move the rest extemely the opposite direction you have been just to see what happens. You should be moving it left, so move it way to the right, like I said, just to see what happens. Are you POSITIVE you aren't getting any fletching contact? One problem we've encountered w/ the TT rest at the shop is it sometimes doesn't fall away fast enough. Perhaps the rest is out of time.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:35 PM

Ok I know this makes no sense and I've only paper tune my Hoyt cam&1/2 in the basement with out getting out side to do a walk back but it is as follows.
It's maxed out @ 60#
28.5 draw length
100grain tips
With 400 Axis it tears 1" to the right, now here's the kicker.With 320's perfect bullet holes.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:56 PM

Actually, that makes pretty good sense given the fact that you are close to the line of a 400 and a 340. And unless I'm mistaken, and I don't believe I am......the Axis isn't available in a 320......

Anyway, the point is this. Most bows will perform better if slightly overspined.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:07 PM

I'm using 100 gr point but I've tried the 125 gr and it made no diff... and sorry to say, I'vealready moved the rest to the extreme in both directions. As for the rest, it's in the proper posistion at about the last 2 inches of draw. Not trying to shoot done your help mobowhuntr, I do appreciate it. That's odd dynatec(same tear), a stiffer arrow..never tried that...I wonder..lol. By the way I see that your from Nova Scotia...so I'm I (Liverpool), do you go to thenovascotiahunting.com website??
Old 06-15-2006, 04:08 PM

Almost sounds like grip torque.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:12 PM

I shoot with a open grip..barely enough to hold it...also I tried bare shaft through paper...same tear. I have no idea's left.

Old 06-15-2006, 04:14 PM

I give up. You've got a mechanical problem of some sort though.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:19 PM

That's also in the back of my mind...thanks anyway...
Old 06-15-2006, 05:05 PM

OH OH OH OH........have you checked for cam lean? I've not heard of it being a problem on the cam and a half, but hey....nothing else is workin....

Quick Reply: Hoyt Ultra Sport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.