Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hey Gibblett

Old 01-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hey Gibblett

Do you think you can make something like this ?

Old 01-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hey Gibblett

ttt
Old 01-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ttt
Old 01-18-2006, 10:53 PM

thanks for the heads up greg. i'll try. i'm not sure my hooks will get that close so i don't know how i can hold it tight to serve it. how do you install it? looks like a good idea.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was wondering the same thing about the install...

I guess you'd have to press the bow and remove one end of the string to get the second knot of the loop around it, and then tie both knots in later after putting the string back on... At least that's what it looks like to me they did.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

You are actually threading the bowstring through both ends of the loop. The only thing is you have to loop the ends over themselves ( kinda turning one bigger loop into 2 smaller loops). It actually looks very much like a regular tied on loop but there are no knots as its continuous. Very simple really. And yes you need to press the bow so you can feed the string through it.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:18 PM

i still don't understand the loops loop over themselves part. i see how you could put one on kind of like a d loop, but you wouldn't need a press and you couldn't do it to the other one.

Old 01-19-2006, 05:27 PM

There is a close up of one You can put one end on the have to press the the bow and remove the string to do the other. They run $9.99 at Cabelas. For that money Ill just tie a loop.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:53 AM

i still don't get it, i'm kinda slow. and i don't think the loop will be very flexible, not like you'd want it to be. it would really twist your string if you shoot a handheld without a rotating head. if you shoot a wrist strap no problem, but its going to weigh more thana normal loop.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:56 AM

I bought one and put it on my bow string. Nice solid loop, not too big. The problem that I had was it kept "flipping around" on the string after the shot. I could not seem to get it as tight as the regular loop. It never did move up or down, as I served it in. But it did flip around on the string alot.

Quick Reply: Hey Gibblett

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.