Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bowtech vs mathews >

bowtech vs mathews

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech vs mathews

Old 01-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtech vs mathews

Ethical hunting has nothing, repeat, absolutely nothing to do with the weapon of choice. It has to do with the choices we make while hunting.
Wisdom from a true hunter!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:51 AM

Hey I'll start hunting with a spear like Arthur was describing on another post.

Forget the 3rd axis sight modification. I'll attached an onboard GPS that I can program to the deers exact location,install a few pneumatically controlled actuatorsattached to 4guidance fins on the back of that sucker with an onboard 45,000 rpm internal gyro. All this will be propelled by rocket propellant stored inside the spear housing.

Then you guys can all curse at me, spit in my face and tell me I used it beyond it's actual range.Spear hunting works for me, but don't get pissed when I take it to another level.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:55 PM

A REAL HUNTER WILL USE THIS TO KILL DEER, NOT A BOW.

Old 01-24-2006, 01:55 PM

Hoytman,

Ok that is funny...I just laughed harder now than I have in 2 months. I should have found a picture and attached it to my previous post. I was expecting to log on and hear another old boring post and I see this...what a surprise!!! Way too funny. I'll try that next season.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Site Bouncer

Mildot,

I think what rubs people the wrong way is your insistance that Bowtech makes the best product out there and that simply is not the truth. The truth is.....Not every product will be the same for every person. What feels and shoots good for one will not for another. The fact is, there are many, many very good bow manufactures today and all of them make fantastic bows. It's our responsibility to find the one that we shoot the best.

To simply and arbitrarily claim one to be the "best" for all, (to me) shows not only a lack of knowledge in this field but exhumes a sort of adolescent approach, and a black and white mentality to what is normallyacolorfull and diverse subject.

The sad thing is I think you know this and are just stirring the pot, this shows (again to me) an even deeper contemptuous demeanor.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

Mildot,

I think what rubs people the wrong way is your insistance that Bowtech makes the best product out there and that simply is not the truth. The truth is.....Not every product will be the same for every person. What feels and shoots good for one will not for another. The fact is, there are many, many very good bow manufactures today and all of them make fantastic bows. It's our responsibility to find the one that we shoot the best.

To simply and arbitrarily claim one to be the "best" for all, (to me) shows not only a lack of knowledge in this field but exhumes a sort of adolescent approach, and a black and white mentality to what is normallyacolorfull and diverse subject.

The sad thing is I think you know this and are just stirring the pot, this shows (again to me) an even deeper contemptuous demeanor.

BigJ12,

Finally somebody who has figured out my twisted personality and twisted sense of humor. Let the truth be known today…I have several friends that shoot all different brand of bows. Two of them shot Mattews bows and one of them is the same one that Greg here online shoots called the Q something. Anyway my friend has had that bow for years and swears it is the best bow since sliced bread. He has killed many deer with that bow, but I still give him crap about that bow in good fun. My other friend Jamie shots a Hoyt V-Tec and I have actually shot this bow a few times and like it very much. Friend Jason just recently purchased a Patriot and loves it. I told him to get a BowTech to get the binary cam system so he doesn’t have to tune anything…what does he do, he goes out and saves a buck by getting the used BowTech Patriot that doesn’t even have the binary cam system and missed the entire purpose. Whatever. Guess he thought a Bowtech was a BowTech. Yes I gave him crap about it. Other friend shoots a High Country bow and I give him lip about that bow all the time. It feels like all the weight is right at the grip and the tip of limbs just float around in space. He has been shooting this bow for who knows how long and it is so far out of tune it is a joke. Yes we all give each other little digs here and there about are bows and we have fun doing it.

Recently we all started practicing at longer ranges and they just can’t compete with my bow. Do I think that my bow is the main reason? No, but I let them keep thinking that. They are considering getting a BowTech and I think they are the perfect match for the binary cam system. This system keeps the bow in tune at all times providing it is set-up correctly from the start. Most of their problems are due to them not paying attention to the details on every piece of gear mounted to their bows. I try to help and we have long conversations about technical stuff, but I can tell I lose them after the first couple of minutes. My friends don’t need less technology, they need more. When they get something new on their bow it helps them understand its purpose and importance to tune it correctly. You don’t just point and shoot with any old arrows. I recently talked one of my friends into a 3rd axis sight for the step angle shots in the country we hunt in. He didn’t even know what the purpose of the 3rd axis was; nor how to set it up. Now he does and will be a more consistent shooter because of it. Point being that technology can once again assist these hunters in making a clean shot. One less factor to worry about before the shot in this step country.

Every one of the major quality manufactures have potential to be as accurate as my bow providing all the details are covered and everything is set-up just right. However, my experience is that hunters for some reason just don’t tend to be very detailed orientated, so yes I like to push technology that will assist them in the field to make a clean shot. Most people here online are detailed orientated which is why they are trying to learn more and more each year. But think of how many bow hunters are out there just flinging arrows around at will. Just because some few highly trained people can take old technology and make it work, doesn’t mean the “average Joe” can do the same. That old technology is nothing but an accident waiting to happen in the hands of the average bow hunter. The older the equipment the more skill and thought is required to use it correctly.

Yes I get on here and talk some smack. I’m not afraid to make myself vulnerable with things I say and I’m not afraid to make a fool out of myself. It’s all in fun for me and when work can get boring it’s a place to just let things fly. I’m surrounded by corporate millionaires all week long and my actions are always watched under a microscope. It’s nice to not have to worry about every word I say, so that’s why I let things fly here online. I don’t get my confidence from how many people here like me online or think I have common sense. I know who I am and that is that. A guy with an IQ of 142 has got to have some common sense. You guys reading this crap aren’t a part of my real life, so what’s the loss. It’s all in fun just like the way my friends and I give each other little digs about are bows. Readers can have fun with what I say, or let it get them all worked up and pissed off. Their choice, but at the end of the day I still go home, kiss my lovely wife and 1 year old daughter and live my normal life. I don’t look for online friends or online acceptance. Thanks for reading my pathetic explanations. For all of you who feel the need to call me an A-hole…don’t waste your time logging on, I already know I am. Have a nice day.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:52 PM

wish i found myself that interesting.