Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

p.s.e baby g

Old 01-11-2006, 05:40 PM

Default p.s.e baby g

hey all i have a pse baby g force , ive had it 6 years or so , its been a great bow and i have shoten maybee 6or 7 bucks with , the question is i havent shot a new bow since i bought the baby g . im planning on doing a lot of shooting starting late spring , because i booked a trip to illinois inthe fall are the newer bows that much advanced that i should stick with it or start shopping for a new bow ? thanks in advance
Old 01-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: p.s.e baby g

I am DEFINITELY not one to jump on the new-bow bandwagon, as evidenced by the fact that Iwill justnow be retiring my MQ-1 at the end of this season after six years...

BUT, if you're shooting a Baby-G, I'd definitely voice a resound YES to your question. You'll pick up a lot of speed (and/or kinetic energy depending upon your configuration), gain a ton of "shootability" in the form of forgiveness with a much-more lenient brace height offered on today's bows, and probably experience a new-found smoothness and quietness you didn't imagine possible. Seriously.

Go to your local pro shop and shoot what you're interested in; then you and only you can decide what's the best fit for you. I'd make sure you at least shoot some of the new Bowtechs; they're simply some of the best out there right now. They're other good brands for sure, and all the top-flight manufacturers are churning out good stuff these days.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you can shoot a baby-g with any accuracy and consistency at all you are gonna love any of the newer bows out today--you need to go shoot a few.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Baby G = One of the most dificult of all time , bows to shoot , especialy if you have an average or longer draw . The newer bows are FAR and away easyer to shoot
Old 01-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ihave shoot the Baby G severaltimes, because I wanted to buy one. I never shot the Baby G well. So I bought the PSE ThunderBolt instead.
That being said at least look at the big three: BowTech, Hoyt & Mathews. I am not trying tosell you a BewTech. But the BowTech Tribute is 31-1/2 inches axle to axle, with a 7-1/2 inch brach height.
Ifyou like the Baby G, You should love the Tribute.
Good luck picking a new bow, there are a ton of GREAT bows out there.
Good luck on the hunt also.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to have a PSE Baby G and it sounded like a tuning fork, and was way too short. I sold it for a Mighty Mite.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to have a PSE Baby G and it sounded like a tuning fork, and was way too short. I sold it for a Mighty Mite.
You must be talking about the brace height?
Personally I liked the Baby-G,other then it was lowd compaired to the newer bows of today.I shot Easton 2315 arrows with 70 lbs and it was very accurate and consistent.
I shot my first archery deer with this bow and today wished I had of kept it for a back-up bow.

Old 01-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot a Baby G and with my hunting set up Im almost at 300fps with 100grn broadheads. I have a 31" draw and use a W.B. rest. I can shoot groupsat 40yards that you can wrap fingers around with 3 arrows. Ive had the bow for about 5 years now and kill about 2 deer a year with it. I only use 1 pin out to 40 yards because its flat enough that I can use the same pin out to there.

I went to my local shop that sells Bow-tech and Hoyt and asked the guy what should I get to shoot faster then my PSE and he told me none of those bows were anyfaster. He said none of the bows here would give me a speed advantage. He said they'd only be quieter and that I prob shoot them better. Im not paying 700$ for a bow thats a little quieter and I dont think I need to shoot any better for hunting.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Duckbutter, doesn't sound like he wanted to sell you a bow?!?!?
With your 31" draw it shouldn't be too hard to outspeed your Baby G & gain brace height while your at it.
The Baby G has a 312 fps IBO rating, just about any bow in the bowtech line-up can out speed that.
If your happy with what your shootin' more power to ya, that's all that matters, but don't let one pro-shops answer scare you off from enjoying a new bow.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

THx Dave. I was suprised when he told me that, I figured everything was much faster then a five or 6 year old bow. I understand the IBO info, but with my hunting set up with Gold Tips and 100 graintips,I shoot right under 300fps on the chrony when I do the indoor shoots. Ive shot with guys with the newer bows(Matthews and Hoyt) and they werent as fast. Im not sure ifthink they had the same draw length as me but I know their bows were pretty much maxed out in poundage.

Ive bow hunted for years and just dont keep up on new bow info. How much do you think I could gain with one of the newer bows. I know thats a broadquestion but most of the IBO speeds Ive seen arent that much over 300.

Quick Reply: p.s.e baby g

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.