Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Regret the Whisker Bisquit >

Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Old 10-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

We haven't even discussed wear yet, where the arrows wear that nice little round hole into an egg shape. Which means the bow's zero and tune are constantly changing as the rest wears.
Truth here.I went through several( 3 in 1yr.)before changing rests. And I had 4 different shops look at the bow & my shootingform before giving up on it.
That being said , I would probably try it again on my next bow.
Perhapsmy bow was not compatible with the wbfor whatever reason, short A to A, short draw;I don't know & neither did the old timers..so I would have to give thewb another shot.
If you guys really want to bash a rest you shouldhave at the 360,[:'(]BLECH!![:@]Big a waste of time & effort 4 me, couldn't groupwell AT all.
I'm shooting the tightest groups I ever have withmy newdrop zone, only had it a few weeks and I REALLY like it so far.. but.. I did have the arrow fall of the foam thingy & slide across the riser shelf a couple timesthe first timehunting with it; now I'll keep my finger on the arrow.
Good long thread, shoot whatever works for you ,& help somebody if you can.(like the song says)
NY

Old 10-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

how is it I have three of these rests and none of them give meANY of the problems you have listed???????
Heck if I know. Ever shoot with any of 'em? They're pretty trouble free if left in the package.

I dissagree with you when you say the biscuit does not allow the arrow to go into "free flight" I contend that NO rest can do that unless it's a drop away
Then you have some learning to do. Go to that bieter site that Arroman suggestedand watch the videos. Unfortunately they're all done with a fingers shooter, but you'll plainly see that just after the arrow makes it's initial flex during the release, it's in complete freeflight. I keep hoping they'll put up some video with a release shooter. But there used to be one on the GoldTip site that was pretty good and it featured a mechanical release.

I know it's only in the "downward" motion but it still must move none the less and the prong rest is not as giving yet even with all of that restriction from downward movement people are still able to get good results from a prong rest....huh?
I already talked about properly adjusting spring tension on a prong rest.Youadjust spring tension so that the prongs just raise the arrow into launch attitude at full draw. It's got plenty of 'give' to it when adjusted properly.

So... Have yougot high speed video to back upyourversion of happens during the shotwith a WB?If you've got a link to video, I'd love to see it.

Let me say that I very much heed and listen to your advice that you give on this board. I have learned alot from you. I just feel in this case you are letting your personal bias lead you.
I'm glad I've helped you in whatever way I did. About my personal bias though... You're darn right about that, butcan't you see the street runs both ways here? Plenty of personal bias on your side of the fence too. Why shouldn't someone present the opposite opinion witha fervor equal to that of the guys who believe in the blasted things? And why do those guys get so irritated and offensive when someone disagrees?
Old 10-18-2005, 09:43 PM
Site Bouncer

I'm glad I've helped you in whatever way I did. About my personal bias though... You're darn right about that, butcan't you see the street runs both ways here? Plenty of personal bias on your side of the fence too. Why shouldn't someone present the opposite opinion witha fervor equal to that of the guys who believe in the blasted things? And why do those guys get so irritated and offensive when someone disagrees?
Arthur,

Please cut and paste where Ihave come out about another rest like you have against the whisker biscuit. I will save you the trouble looking because you won't find it. Have Igiven my opinion about other rests sure, but I have not singled out ANY otherrest and time after time bashed it like you have this one.While I have my opinions, you won't find me bashing any one rest time after time. That is what I meant about your bias, and by your admission I was right.

Heck if I know. Ever shoot with any of 'em? They're pretty trouble free if left in the package.
Very funny.....yes I have shot them all and all work great for me. Hey I'm not sayingit's perfect. I know it's not. What I am saying is, it's a great hunting rest and PLENTY accurate out to my furthest shot I would ever take with my hunting bow.But the best thing about it is, I know it will work when I need it to.

Maybe some dayI will switch to another type of rest. I might even try a drop away on one of my other bows.But you can rest assured thatunless abetter hunting restcomes out, the Whisker Biscuitwill stay on my HUNTING bow.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Please cut and paste where Ihave come out about another rest like you have against the whisker biscuit. While I have my opinions, you won't find me bashing any one rest time after time. That is what I meant about your bias, and by your admission I was right.
You've got "opinions" but I've got bias? Puh-leez! What chaps my buns is you won't admit your opinions also formyour own bias. I ain't got nothin' you ain't got, bro! We're just flip sides of the same coin.

Frankly, what got me into this thread is I know how wb believers get when somebody talks bad about the wb. On the other hand, wb believers think everybody wants to hear their crap about wb's whileblowing boogers atdropaways, on a thread about dropaways.

I'm sick of it, and was just out to show that turn about is fair play. Maybe some of these guys who hate somebody dissing the wb should be a little more cautious about dissing other rests themselves.

It's just like Mathews bows a few years ago. They were/are great bows, but I couldn't stand the attitude of the goobers that shot them. Someone asks a question about Hoyt bows and a bunch of Mathews addicts come on talking smack, 'Hoyt is junk, get a Mathews.' Let anyone say the slightest unflattering thing about Mathews and, Oh Mercy! We're on a30 pageflame warin a heartbeat.

The wb is a good hunting rest (not great, IMO), but that same attitude is hanging on them like stink on aroadkill skunk. Bowtech came along and stole Mathews thunder.I can't wait for the rest that doesthe sameto the wb.

When it happens, I'll be right up front playing...

I hope you get it now. I don't think I can spell it out any clearer than that.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get it.

It's like walking into a synagogue wearing a cross and eating a pork sandwich.[&:]

Mostpeople would call that stupid. Some people would call that fun.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

It causes fletching damage, it freezes, and you have aloss of 5 to 17 fps, it wears out very quickly, but at 11 bucks you can have new fibers.
they did say it was accurate, but this was with a pro and I'm sure perfectly tuned. they also say it's a quiet rest, but fail to say how noisy it iswhen being shot, or what kind of vibration it creates.
no way would I rate it 4.5 stars.
just checking - zrex, you have used the WB extensively and know that all these things happen??? Curious, because i've never had these problems????

PS - this horse is still dead!!!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nope me neither Doug and i have shot more than 1000 arrows out of my WB.

To Quote Arthur

"5) In some 45 years of hunting with bow and arrow, I've not had too much trouble keeping the arrow on my rest, so full containment doesn't even make my list of considerations for a rest. Frankly, I think havingsuch adevice that you know is going to keep your arrow from falling off your bow will do nothing but encourage you to be less careful with your movements.If you're sloppy with your movements, you're usually gonna get busted and not get a shot anyway."

This may be true, but anyone can get busted at any time whether or not you use the WB or not. The WB does not make a person a sloppy hunter at all. A sloppy hunter is a sloppy hunter, tell me you have never been busted. I bet you cant. Hell ill bet my bow that you can not sit there and tell me that you have honestly never been busted. Why did you get busted? Were you using the WB??? Of course not, your an Anti-WB Hunter. Ill be 110% honest. I have been busted, was I using the WB? Yes. Did I get busted because of the WB. No. I got busted because I turnedto quickly to adjust my harness. If I wouldnt have adjusted my harness, would I have gotten busted? Maybe. If I wouldnt have gotted busted would I have killed that 12 point buck? Absofreakinglutely!!! Why? BecauseI have well tuned equipment, including a WB, and have confidence in every shot I make. So dont sit there and accuse the WB for making sloppy hunters, sloppy hunters! I know for a fact that you were a sloppy hunter, and you DO get busted. If not id like to see the video proof of you never getting busted.

Just thought ID stir up the pot a bit now.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

So dont sit there and accuse the WB for making sloppy hunters, sloppy hunters!
Never said that. You even quoted what I said:
Frankly, I think havingsuch adevice that you know is going to keep your arrow from falling off your bow will do nothing but encourage you to be less careful with your movements.
Encouraging you to be less careful doesn't mean you HAVE to be less careful. A wb doesn't FORCE you to be a sloppy hunter, just makes it easier for you to be lazy and sloppy.

On the other hand,all agree the only real reason to use a wb is to keep your arrow from falling off the bow. People who knock arrows off their rests are not moving nearly carefully enough. Being sloppy, in other words. So, if you are having such a problem already, or even fear you will have such a problem,then thereis an obviouspre-existing condition.

You'll be 110% honest??? A full 10% beyond total honesty?? Wow. In other words, there you go again, stretching the truth.

Don't cross swords (or pot stirring sticks) with me, kiddo! [8D]

Old 10-19-2005, 08:58 AM

Two opponents faced off with pot stirring sticks- Now there's a stunning visual image for you. Capes and masks included?
Old 10-19-2005, 12:46 PM
Site Bouncer

You've got "opinions" but I've got bias? Puh-leez! What chaps my buns is you won't admit your opinions also formyour own bias. I ain't got nothin' you ain't got, bro! We're just flip sides of the same coin.
Arthur,

You missed what I was trying to say. Yes I have opinions like you, but where we differ is I don't take every opportunity to bash one particular rest, but you do. That's being biased.

Frankly, what got me into this thread is I know how wb believers get when somebody talks bad about the wb. On the other hand, wb believers think everybody wants to hear their crap about wb's whileblowing boogers atdropaways, on a thread about dropaways.

I'm sick of it, and was just out to show that turn about is fair play. Maybe some of these guys who hate somebody dissing the wb should be a little more cautious about dissing other rests themselves.
I agree there are some who do that, butyou won't find me "dissing" another particular brand of rest time after time.

It's just like Mathews bows a few years ago. They were/are great bows, but I couldn't stand the attitude of the goobers that shot them. Someone asks a question about Hoyt bows and a bunch of Mathews addicts come on talking smack, 'Hoyt is junk, get a Mathews.' Let anyone say the slightest unflattering thing about Mathews and, Oh Mercy! We're on a30 pageflame warin a heartbeat.
I totally understand that, being an off brand (Browning) bow shooter,and I too am sick of it as well. Like I said, I don't think the Whisker Biscuit is the best rest out there. If I shot 3D or other competitive shooting I would probably use another type. But I don't, I hunt and there is nothing wrong with wanting a simple fullproof rest, it's just one less thing to worry or think about when I'm trying to make a good shot on an animal. I don't think a W/B rest will make it "easier for you to be lazy and sloppy" If anything I think it helps me be more focused on my shot, not having to worry anout my arrow falling off. Different strokes I guess.

You will also note that every time I talk about the W/B it's in a HUNTING context where I think it really shines.

Edit:

Arthur,

After re-reading your post I can totally see where you are comming from. There are W/B followers who go off the "deep end" just like the Mathews and Bowtech bunch does. I can see where it gets frustrating.

Ihope you see that I'm not one of them. I just give my opinion on the merits or downfalls of the particular product as I see them or have experienced them.

I never have nor will I ever, jump into a drop away rest (or any other for that matter) thread and start bad mouthing that rest and say "buy the Whisker Biscuit it's the best, bla...bla...bla"

Quick Reply: Regret the Whisker Bisquit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.