Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 sighting in single pin sight >

sighting in single pin sight

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

sighting in single pin sight

Old 09-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default sighting in single pin sight

I'm shootin a Trophy Ridge pendulum sight which has a single verticle pin in it. I was wondering what yardage everyone else has there single pin sight zeroed in at? I sighted it right on at 10 and it's on out to 25, but I've been thinking maybe i should sight it in at 25 and have it a little low at 10 and closer at 30? Also i'm shooting a Allegiance with 70# pull it that helps?
Old 09-07-2005, 08:05 PM

Default RE: sighting in single pin sight

If Im not mistaken, you sight a pendulum sight in on the ground from a set distance like 20 yards. Then its supposed to be on from something like 0-30 out of a treestand.

Regarding one pin sights...I set mine at a "sweet spot". A distance that allows me to shoot with the least amount of compensation at other distances. 23 yards works well for me, but it varies with individual setups.

Hope that helps---Matt
Old 09-08-2005, 06:11 AM

You are alreqady sighted in at 25. You said so yourself.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Mattiac

Regarding one pin sights...I set mine at a "sweet spot". A distance that allows me to shoot with the least amount of compensation at other distances. 23 yards works well for me, but it varies with individual setups.

Hope that helps---Matt
That is exactly what mine is sighted in for, 23 yards. I shoot a 60# Renegade
TR-4. At my self imposed 35 yard hunting limit I have to hold about 2" high and I am good to go
Old 09-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

It depends on how far out you plan to shoot.

I practice out to 40, but limit my deer shots to 30.
With a single pin, I'd say 25 with a 30 yards limit.
Shooting as flat as you are, you'll be fine, just remember to check how high it shoots inside 10 or 15. I know you said it dead on out to 25, but there must be some difference.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:26 PM

i have the same sight and i sighted it in for the manufacture recommed 25yd. distance and found out i shoot EXTREMELY high,,coase this also could be because i have a very slow shooting bow so i dont know,,i hve no idea how i shoot now that i set it at 20,,and since we had a recall on your safe harness for or tree stands i will not chance getting in to a tree stand with out one even though it is only 12 ft off the ground,,

by the way regarding safety harness,,has any tried,,used the SOP fastback,,they have them at local rual king and i thought about getting,,,any comments on it thanks.