Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Easton Axis Arrows >

Easton Axis Arrows

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easton Axis Arrows

Old 07-30-2005, 06:43 AM
Spike

Default Easton Axis Arrows

Need some input on the Axis arrows by Easton. I have used the ACC for a while now and love them but want any input good or bad on the axis arrows. Thanks.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:25 AM

Default RE: Easton Axis Arrows

Stay wiyh your ACC's!!!.I tried the Axis last year and found them to "crooked"and after time the spine degraded to the point where my groups were suffering terribly.
Go to your pro shop and try spinning a dozen,you"ll see what I mean....Bob
Old 07-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Typical Buck

Axis's are absolutely junk, stay away, no where near the acc's, if you want weight go to a 3-71 it's all you need. Others will say different, your hunt deserves better quality.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:57 AM

I am shooting Axis arrows for the first time this year and they have impressed me so far. You can tell by the depth they are going into the 3D targets that I should be getting a pass through everytime with them. They have not bent at all and are showing excellent consistency with tight groupings. Arrow flight has been perfect as well in paper tests. The only thing I would recommend if you do get them is to try and stay away from the 340's. They really hurt me on the chronograph due to their weight.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:10 PM

I have had several pass throughs with my 340 on 3D targets they fly great all X"s and havent broke one yet where as the ACC 3-71 broke 3 two weeks ago the inner tube dents from other arrow impact and the the carbon cracks I like the axis better but thats just me.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:29 PM

What about Epic 400? just restarting and that is what the bow man got me. Shootin' a Hoyt if that matters with muzzy 3 100
Old 08-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot the Axis's as well ,and as far as I'm concerned they're a great arrow .I have not experienced the problem's as other's have spoken of with straightness issue's .I'm sure the A.c.c.'s are great as well but I'll shoot the axis's until I have issue's of my own .I've been shooting them problem free for a year now .

nubo
Old 08-02-2005, 05:04 AM

If there's a more durable arrow on the market, I haven't seen it. In additon, the summer 3-d league that I was in, was won by a guy shooting Axis arrows. This guy has been shooting them since they came out and is not they type to keep them if they weren't working. As for shooting the spine out on them, I've heard rumors of this, but the guys I've personally talked to , don't confirm this.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:08 AM

I'll chime in and say that I too am an Axis shooter, and I really like them! Unlike what some have said on here, the dozen I got are very straight, and they penetrate like crazy. I haven't seen any spine issues, and I've had mine for about a year now. Having said that, I doubt that I would switch from ACCs to the Axis; actually, I've been thinking of switching from the Axis arrow to the AC SuperSlims (but price is a bit of an issue right now). Also, I wouldn't worry about the 340's for weight issues. It's much better to use a properly spined arrow than to worry about a chronograph. Trust me, the deer won't know the difference.

Overall, I'd rate my Axis STs as pretty darn good arrow, and given the right price, I'd buy more.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:33 AM

I've had a dozen Axis arrows for about a year now and haven't shot them but maybe 12 arrows. The problem with them is the nock for me. I shoot directly off the string and the nock is just too small for me not to worry about the arrow falling off the string at full draw. If I ever go back to a loop, I'll give them a better chance.

Quick Reply: Easton Axis Arrows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.