Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
Looking for someone near New Orleans >

Looking for someone near New Orleans

Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Looking for someone near New Orleans

Old 09-11-2017, 08:25 AM
Spike

Default Looking for someone near New Orleans

Looking for someone to mount a gator head for me! Closer to New Orleans the better! Let me know what ya have! Thanks in advance!
Old 09-11-2017, 08:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

When it comes to Taxidermy it is not a good plan to shop on the internet. LA has to have an abundance of taxidermists, it is known as the sportsman's paradise. Google taxidermists in your area or look in the yellow pages and find some and go to each shop and look at their work and what ever you do, don't select a taxidermist by price, shop by quality work. It isn't like buying a product in a store, if it isn't right, you can't return it, once you trophy is ruined, it is ruined and your stuck with it. Even if by some miracle you get a refund, your trophy is ruined. Asking your friends who they recommend and looking at their trophies is also a way to make selecting a taxidermist easier. Ask the guy how many gators he has done, ask to see the work he has done on gators, if he never did any, walk away. I have seen some really sad cases with trophies ruined because hunters didn't do their due diligence when selecting a taxidermist.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:49 PM
Spike

Default Alligator Taxidermy

I custom mount more alligators than anyone in Louisiana! World-wide references, accuracy, lifetime warranty, call for photos and references.
David
Bayou Taxidermy and Hunting
[email protected]
225-405-4683