Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Official Scorer

Old 12-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Spike

Default Official Scorer

Don`t know if this is in the right section or not? I was just wondering how hard is it to become an official scorer for Pope and Young, or Boone and Crocket?I know for PY have to get sponsers that are members of the club already, but I do not know any. I do have 2 deer that i need to get offically scored by a Pope and Young scorer so I will ask him also. Just wanted to know if anyone on here could give me some insight.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 12-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Scorer

For Boone & Crockett, you go on the website and print off an application, fill it out ( including how far you are willing to travel to take the course)and send it back. They will let you know when there will be a course in your area.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Scorer

For Pope and Young you can also print out an application on their website. You will have to be a member in good standing. The two sponsers are actually for character references, they do not have to be members or official scorers. They use the terms "should be" and "may be" in the application form, not "have to be". They will send your character references letters, they will have to write reasons why they would think you would be a asset to the club, inthe capacity of ameasurer. Then the club will keep all the info. when they believe they need a person in the area that you live in, you will be notified of the upcoming class.
I've heard Boone & Crockett is harder to get into.