Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 ballpark price... >

ballpark price...

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

ballpark price...

Old 10-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default ballpark price...

just out of curiousity....

how much would a full body gray fox mount run me???

how much for an action mount of a gray fox pouncing a squirrel/grouse/pheasant...something along those lines??

just curious...i know it varies ALOT...and im lookin at a PRICEY mount....ive ALWAYS wanted an action mount done. last year i seen a gray fox in bow season and didnt have a furtakers liscense so he got a free pass. Saturday i had him(or another one in the same area) stop 12yds broadside. got to thinkin...a gray fox with a bow....well...thatd be plain out awesome...and the action mount of my dreams...well...just got my mind goin...always wanted a grouse mounted as well...was planning that for this winter...

honestly dont know if id beable to swing it...between price and where in the world id put it...but...just thinking...anyone able to shoot me a "ballpark" price....im guessing 450-600 for the fox alone...and 700-850 for the action mount...i dont know though...thats why im here

heck...i dont know if i'll ever see him again...though i betcha i could make some rabbit distress sounds or something about 4-5pm and have him come in if i REALLY wanted to make it happen....
Old 10-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: ballpark price...

$500 for just the Fox.Thats at Bass Pro.

big rockpile
Old 10-03-2007, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

It really depends on what you mean by “action”, and who you have do it. You’ll have to choose a taxidermist and talk it over with them to get a very accurate answer. You could be in the ballpark, but it could go higher or lower depending on what you decide on. Habitat can effect it quite a bit as well. Assuming you’ll need ½ down, you’ll probably have a year to save the other half.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys...

im really figuring my prices are ball park...

know my taxidermist can do it...and know id have to talk it over with him...

figuring i could skin out the fox and freeze the pelt for a while IF i really went through with it.

i know habitat also comes into time/materials and cost...but i wouldnt want/need anything REAL elaborate like a glass case or huge base/habitat...i would actually wanna make my OWN base...and probably provide my OWN habitat..such as a small log..leaves..twigs...and either have him make me a rock or provide on if i wanted one...

the grouse could be drummin on the log or hangin out beside it hiding and the fox could be on the other side of it about to nail it...

we will see...i plan on killing my first buck with a bow..and plan on having him mounted...i aint gunna have well over a grand for taxidermy costs this year im a college student!! lol

we will see...God willing i got many more years of hunting...when i got my own house to call home i will have places for my mounts....right now thats a BIG factor....and my dog and cat would absolutely tear it up if i had to put it anywhere accessible to them....only place ive found my cat CANT go is on the walls far from anything it can jump or climb from lol

Old 10-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

figuring i could skin out the fox and freeze the pelt for a while
Freeze it whole, or pay your taxidermist to skin it out. It will save you in the long run.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Typical Buck

Check my web page it has all the prices.