Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 skull mount plaque patterns? >

skull mount plaque patterns?

Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

skull mount plaque patterns?

Old 03-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: skull mount plaque patterns?

Look on my workbench, you can see some of the bucks I've done and how I like to mount them.
The pedestal style is great because you can actually decorate a little with them as well as pick them up and look at them from all angles vs just hanging it on the wall.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Spike

Not many places will be giving dimensions of their product because they most likely sell make them in-house and sell them. For anyone else that visits this post from Google, we made a blog post that covers some basic types of plaques for mounts (there's a couple in there that will work for deer).
Old 08-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Bluffcountrywoodworks
Not many places will be giving dimensions of their product because they most likely sell make them in-house and sell them. For anyone else that visits this post from Google, we made a blog post that covers some basic types of plaques for mounts (there's a couple in there that will work for deer).
Not that it matters, but you do know this post is about 4 years old,
Old 04-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Spike

I really recommend using a skull bracket to attach your skull to the panels. The one I recommend is from Heads of State Panels. This way you don't have to cut or drill the skull and it's really secure even though it's easy to take the skull on and off. Here's a pic of one I have hanging in my house with one of their metal panels too...
Attached Thumbnails  skull mount plaque patterns?-dscn3785-copy.jpg