Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
Nw MO whitetail/turkey >

Nw MO whitetail/turkey

Community
Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Nw MO whitetail/turkey

Old 10-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Spike

Default Nw MO whitetail/turkey

Hey guys have around 1500 acres crop/timber with some quality whitetail and turkey. It is all fair chase, have a cabin that you would be able to stay in as well. Im not going to promise you a b&c buck because it is fair chase, although we do harvest some very good deer. I am interested in bear, elk, moose, and possibly sheep. Let me know if your interested and let me know what you have to offer. Would be willing to accept 2-3 people in exchange for 2-3.

Thanks for your time
Old 12-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Spike

If you don't find elk or moose maybe a Mule Deer and Antelope Combo hunt in Wyoming could be a good substitute. I love hunting in Norther Missouri and would love to go back! I use to have a lease near Lineville, IA.

The first part of October is when the Antelope rut is in full swing and bucks are busy fighting, tending their harem or chasing hot does, the action is unbelievable and even the trophy pronghorns become vulnerable. Most hunting shows are done per-rut so it's like nothing most have ever seen.

The Mule Deer bucks are in pre-rut and bachelor groups and can be spotted heading to and from bedding areas after sunrise and before sunset. The area is a mix of foothills, pine breaks and butte tops, which offer excellent vantage points for interception. The spot and stalk method works well or if you are an expert marksman a 500 yard shot may be your choice of bringing down one of these big brutes.

The hunt will be for the firearms season which has a tentative date of 10/1/12 to 10/14/12.

For your hunt, I'll provide detailed maps and a digital scouting report, either video or digital pictures, of the game in the area, with well used water sources. These areas have produced nice trophies the last few seasons. During your hunt, I'll be available either in person or by phone for any questions you might have. I will also assist on where to go for meat processing, taxidermy, motels, campgrounds, etc.

Each hunter is responsible for their tags, meals, lodging, and transportation to and from the hunting areas.

Tags can be applied for on-line starting on 1/1/12 at http://gf.state.wy.us/web2011/hunting-1000045.aspx

I can also answer questions regarding the application process and general hunting regulations.

By the way you might want to bring a freezer; this is some of the best game I have ever tasted. Doe tags sell for $34 and each hunter can buy up to 4 tags.

To see my hunting videos go to

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...shootlong&aq=f