Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted >

Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted

Community
Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted

Old 10-30-2011, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default October 2011

Just back from Colorado. Another great mule deer year. We took two nice bucks, a 166" 5x5 and a 158" 4x5. Elk were harder to come by as it was warm, windy, and dry. With two days left we finally got a foot of snow. By the time the storm blew through the elk started to move but we needed to head home. I did see 4 bulls and a couple of dozen cows but no shot opportunities.

Here are some pictures, enjoy!

Unique double brow on this buck

5x5 while scouting

Check out the body size on this guy

Nice wide rack on this buck

We nicknamed him the Cactus Buck as he has 16 points

My friends 166" 5x5 taken in 2011

My other friends 158" 4x5 also taken in 2011

Last edited by Rob in VT; 10-30-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:51 PM
krg
Spike

Talking

Rob in VT, I have made a good friend by swapping a CO elk hunt for a whitetail archery rut hunt in NE OHio, where i have a small farm and many other private land places to hunt.
I love CO and am very interested in doing it again, touch base with me if you wish to talk further.
I will send a few photos of Ohio bucks and turkeys taken on our hunting grounds, My best friend, along with my son and i, hunt somewhere out of state each year and also hunt NE and SE Ohio, no outfitters or tresspass fees ever, all DIY.
Ohio is a great secret spot for Whitetails, and we have opportunities on 120-180 class bucks ever year.Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted-lastscan1.jpg

Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted-dscn0047.jpg
Old 12-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

This is the caliber of deer I am looking to have a chance at. This is a 14pt Illinois whitetail I took on a lease in 2011. He grosses 152 1/8"

Old 01-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Spike

Default Kansas Trophy Whitetail

Rob,
I was wondering if you were still looking for a place in the Midwest to hunt whitetails? We would be very interested in talking to you about a swap. We farm and ranch in northcentral Kansas(Units 1 & 3) and have some excellent ground to hunt trophy whitetail/mule deer. We have a house that you could stay in while you are hunting. I am posting a few trail cam photos along with some recent deer we have taken off of our property. Let me know if you are interested.
Attached Thumbnails Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted-cdy_0588.jpg   Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted-cdy_0046.jpg   Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted-pict0052.jpg   Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted-cdy_0482.jpg  
Old 02-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Krg and KS6x6,

I have sent you a message.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Spike

Default big game hunt

We own a 4,000 acre ranch in ND and have beautiful whitetail - come and take a look if you would like. I am looking to bow hunt elk in Colorado again in the fall of 2013 so there is time to plan.

We are on the plains - lay on hilltops, when we find the acceptable buck we stalk and hunt him; very few trees - hills, prairie and brush.

Open to 2013 or different year. thank you
Old 07-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up June 2012

Here are some new pictures from June. Nice bucks with lots of growth left since this was only June. Bears and elk were plentiful!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Spike

Default deer hunting

sounds like you enjoy hunting as much as i do. My dad and I have always been big into whitetail hunting and love it. I am looking not for just one hunt swap but someone who i can be friends with and trade for the years to come also. I am 30 with a wife 2 year old son and kid on the way if you want to swap hunts i will do my best to get you your deer that is every year you want to come I have owned my land for 4 years just getting my management going have killed 2 8pointers one is 163 he is a stud the other is 155 and also killed ten that is 150 he was 5 got him last year i passed a buck that is 155 to one 60 this year and passed 3 others that you would love to get if you really want a whitetail and not just one time get back to me. the cdy pic is one that i passed this year he is 3 years old. thank you my name is curt.
Attached Thumbnails Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted-sunp0071.jpg   Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted-cdy_0361.jpg   Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted-sunp0146.jpg   Colorado Mulies/Elk - Reposted-pict0172.jpg  
Old 11-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Spike

Default hunts

Wondering if you ever found a swap hunt. If not I have good whitetail hunting here in Ohio
Old 11-11-2013, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Hi Troy55,

Yes, I do have 3 hunts set up in Iowa, Wisconsin, and Ontario. I was fortunate to be able to meet two of the three people and they seem like great people. I am excited about my new friends and hunting together with them.

With that said, I am always happy to talk with anyone about hunting. Send me a PM and we can chat about where in Ohio you are and what type of land you hunt. I hunted southern Ohio twice and it was crazy on public land during gun season. Almost scary with the number of people in the woods. Drop me a PM and we can talk. I will post some new pictures of the 2012 and 2013 seasons in a bit.

. . . Rob

Last edited by Rob in VT; 11-11-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.