Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
 Florida Alligator Hunt >

Florida Alligator Hunt

Community
Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Florida Alligator Hunt

Old 12-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Florida Alligator Hunt

Greetings,

Lot of good folks on this site it seems.I am trying to make contacts in other areas tocreate more hunting opportunity throughoutthe season and thought others might want the same. I live in southwest Florida and have access to hunt alligators. My first year out I boated and released over 20 in a week, but only harvested the largestthat was 10'3". Season is in late summer/ fall which is a great time to hit the beaches with the family then hunt gators at night. I am looking for access to deer/bear hunting in the southeast, or am open to any suggestions/opportunities.A big fat doe to me is a trophy. Thanks and happy holidays to all.

Scott
Old 01-05-2009, 05:36 AM

Default RE: Florida Alligator Hunt

hey I have a camp in Braxton county,WV if you would like to swapa hunt with me I have a steady population of whitetail deer,If you would like I will offer you agood size doe for a good size alligator but however, deer season does not happen until fall and you will probally have to purchase a non-resident licence. Could you give me information on the alligator hunt you are offering?
Old 01-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

No problem and thanks for the reply. The hunting takes place at night. I have a 17 ft skiff I take out on the lake.FtMyers/Naples area.We use large fishing rods and large snag hooks as well as harpoons and a bangstick. You cast the large hooks across the gator, snag him, and fight him like a large fish to the boatside. At boatside they are harpooned to better get control of them, then a bangstick is utilized to harvest the animal. This is an extreme, action packed hunt as the gators are pissed and looking to fight. Its not for the faint hearted although I am real big on safety.The big gator I took last year bit the hull and rubrail twice.

I have all equipment needed, rods, harpoons, lights, bangstick, etc..... Basically you just walk on the boat. All I am looking for in return is the opportunity to deer or bear hunt. I was thinking 3-4 night hunt in exchange for 3-4 day hunt. Archery or rifle. I am in no way or shape an outfitter just another joe looking for more opportunities to get in the woods. I can only take 2 gators a year so one doe for one gator is probably not really even, specially since the gators I am after are 300lbs +. But hey I am open to suggestions.

Hope this helps and let me know if you are interested.

Scott
Old 01-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Also, a non-resident only needs to purchase a hunter apprentice tag to hunt with me. This only costs 50$. You DO NOT need a non-resident license, which is extremely expensive. Thanks again.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:50 PM
ARO

scott, what dates do you hunt the gators? i hunt in maryland (eastern shore)anda group of us lease several farms, and we have plenty of whitetails.i couldnt gaurantee you a monster buck, butyou will see deer. you can shoot 2 bucks and 10 does on a non res license, which would cost around $130 and $25buck tag for 2nd buck.

if you would be interested let me know

shane
[email protected]

Old 01-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

ARO

pm sent
Old 02-12-2009, 10:37 AM

hi scott i live in ny and have great hunting here if u are intrested in huntind let me know and i will send u pics of deer i took last season and u will want to come todd 1716-471-5284
Old 07-13-2009, 09:05 AM

Default Oklahoma Deer Hunt

This hunt sounds like what I am looking for. I have 1000 acres leased in Oklahoma with alot of deer. We have killed 150 class bucks and the does are fat and plentiful. Archery season opens up Oct 1 and runs thru Jan 15. We have a 9 day muzzleloader season and a 16 day gun season. I am not sure what the limits are for a non- resident but I will check if you reply to this.