Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
 Turkey/deer hunting in Central VA. >

Turkey/deer hunting in Central VA.

Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Turkey/deer hunting in Central VA.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Turkey/deer hunting in Central VA.

Will consider trading turkey/ deer hunting in Essex County, VA for archery deer hunting just about anyplace. We have 120 acres of crop woodland near Fort A.P. Hill in Caroline county. A.P. hill is 77,000 acres with very limited access to hunting due to many unexploded artillery rounds! Deer hunting with dogs is popular where we live, so deer move all day with many small/large bucks on the move. We have an old farm house that we use as a hunt camp, electric heat, pictures available. Archery season is veryshort here, that's whywe prefer to hunt in other areas as well. We are a shotgun only county, no rifles. We do have many does and it is a rare event to spend a day on stand andnot see at least 2 or three deer. We also have a spring and fall turkey season, with many, many turkeys. I have never hunted turkeys but would love to learn more about it. Right now there are six to eight weeks each year available for turkey hunting. It is not uncommon to see 20-30 in a group during the summer. The largest flock I have ever seen on A.P. Hill outskirts is around 100.
E-mail me, let me know what you can offer in trade. thanks, joe
Old 09-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Turkey/deer hunting in Central VA.

I've got some spots in Clifton/Fairfax Co. if you like bowhunting where antlerless archery is in now. I've also got several farms in Prince William, Faquier, & Orange.

I'd like to rabbit hunt down there if you have rabbits after deer gun season is over there. Lets work something out!