Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
 Question about hunt swap >

Question about hunt swap

Community
Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Question about hunt swap

Old 01-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Question about hunt swap

Out of curiosity, does one have to be an outfitter to provide a hunt to swap, or can you take someone to your favorite public/private land deer, elk, antelope spot? I mean, is there a definitive line to be drawn between being a legal guide/outfitter, or can two people just buddy up and trade hunts together?
Old 01-25-2007, 11:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question about hunt swap

I would guess thier is no reason for not being able to swap a hunt with someone without being a guide..You set it up with someone their is no reason you cant..I have chatted with people about it already..I would guess if you took money you would have to have a guide liscnese but not through the site here,That would be a state or dnr issue if you got paid and dont have a guide liscense and it wouldnt reflect on this site...
Old 01-26-2007, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

There are definitely some hunts I would like to go on, and a few that I could supply in trade, however, using average market rate for various hunts, some just don't stack up against others. I am not interested in any money from a hunting partner, other than a fair shake at splitting fuel, food and lodging costs. My main concern is making sure whomever you trade with feels like they are getting a fair deal. I guess this is something that needs to be worked out between the traders on a case-by-case basis.

I'm basically looking for a cat hunt, but can't get my head wrapped around the fact that it's probably going to cost me in excess of 4 grand with tips, travel and expenses. I've only seen one lion in the wild, and that was this last season. I think that's what got to me. Very impressive animal.

Old 01-26-2007, 01:26 PM

I always thought that a swap hunt was pretty much between folks who like to hunt but not guides so to speak. A guide makes their living providing hunts for others. The success rates are probably lower for success (not always ) with the unguided hunts, but can be just as much fun.

Generally it puts two folks together who have a common interest and don't mind sharing their territory with another.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Fork Horn

I apprecitate the feedback.