Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Poop Eaters

Old 11-16-2004, 09:51 AM

Default Poop Eaters

I have 5 dogs...3 of them eat poop. Is there any sort of "home remedy" I can put on their food to prevent this? I have seen some things in the pet catalogs, but they are very pricey and you don't get much of them.

I friend suggested sprinkling meat tenderizer on the poop, but that is not practical seeing as how I have 5 dogs all pooping in the yard...I poop scoop the yard every day, but sometimes they get it before I do.[:@]

Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Poop Eaters

Talk to your vet!!!!! this is a sign that somthing may be missing in their diet. This is also a way for disease to spred from one to the other so I wouldn't be too casual about this. I think you need to take some sort of immediate action and if it were me, the first thing I would do is call my vet.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:39 PM

Default RE: Poop Eaters

Lion county supply has a prodect listed in their catolog (you should be able to find it online) It is a powder you spread over there food that maked there poop taste bad. (you think it would taste bad enough already). It is suposed to stop the problem. But also check with vet, to rule out vitamin or mineral deficiencies.

Good luck!