Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Brittany/catahoula mix

Old 04-08-2016, 06:09 AM
Kai
Spike

Originally Posted by Mickey Finn
I'm not sure what the Mod told you. But if we are taking this out of the realm of theoretic discussion. I'd say that you could end up with a useful dog. But you would have 8 or so pups to find homes for whether for hunting or as pet.
True I don't even have the other dog and will not be able to get it for awhile more than likely. I am looking to get a bigger houses with some land. So I can have more dogs.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:12 AM
Kai
Spike

Originally Posted by hubby11
And what if the result of this "breeding" is a bunch of pups with none of the traits you were hoping for? Worse yet, what if the breeding creates dogs with negative traits, such that they are unmanageable and undesirable for anyone? What will you then do with the litter?
True I agree that they could turn out bad I was just curious what other people thought. And if it could turn out to be a good dog.