Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Saddened

Old 12-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Spike

Default Saddened

I lost a dog Tuesday due to him digging under the fence and getting hit in the road. I found him last night and gave him a proper burial.
He is the avatar picture.
I know these things happen, but my son is still upset. I told him some dogs leave us naturally but some too quick.
I'm going to miss his happy-puppy attitude and his floppy ears.
Be at peace in doggie heaven DC, and chase many a squirrels.
Attached Thumbnails Saddened-dclost-dog.jpg  

Last edited by BlueGrass Man; 12-04-2014 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear that, it is bad enough to lose them to age or disease but to an accident gives you no time to prepare. You cannot replace that dog, but you can make new memories with a new pup.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Spike

Oldtimr - Thank you for your comment. We still have two dogs to tend to. Maybe later on deciding on an older hunting dog is in the future.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry to hear that, but glad you still have a couple to keep you company. I lost my best buddy, a DD pointer, in July to a sudden health problem the Vets couldn't do anything about and he was gone in less than 2 days. He would have been 11 on 10/23 and was in excellent shape for his age. That's what hurt so bad and his sudden death still has me crying at times because I wasn't prepared for him to go like that and that quick being in such good health at that age. My buddy and I took 23 of our 24 bird limit with him on his last hunting trip last year in ND in just 4 1/2 days.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-04-2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like he was a good dog, sorry for you & your boys loss. Having a dog/hunting buddy, die is a hard pill to swallow.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:59 AM
Spike

Topgun, gjersy - Thank you for your comments. Like so many of us our dogs are not just dogs but a part of the family.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:39 AM
Fork Horn

I lost my turkey dog 9 years ago at the age of about 4. Epilepsy took him after 14 terrible months. I was heartbroken and have not had a dog until about 2 months ago. The new dog is an 18 month old English Setter from Above and Beyond Rescue. I wanted the new guy but had mixed emotions and the decision was kind of forced on me by wife and daughter. I can honestly say Thank God. I still think of my turkey dog often and it saddens me, but then the new guy has really helped.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

I am sorry to hear your loss. One thing that always has been hard for me is loosing a dog. I morn over loosing my pup than anything else. I guess because that is my best friend and the bond between them. I wish you the best. Will be praying for you and your son. I hope he is baying at some squirrels in doggy heaven to.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:20 PM
Spike

Awwww. What a beautiful hound. I have beagles, I always worry about them digging out. I had a climber awhile back, I extended the fence with hardware cloth. Now she's too big and fat to climb a fence.

Hounds can be rascals sometimes.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Spike

Default Condolences

Sorry for the loss of your pup. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.