Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

New Pup

Old 11-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Pup

Got a new pup it's a Jagd X Airedale. My Squirrel / Coon dogs were broke on deer, therefore my last Airedale would get a little off track on squirrel while blood trailing, probably confusing for her. Anyway this pup is going to be for mainly blood tracking & shed hunting. Both parents are used on Mt Lion and Bear with good nose, should be a good dog.
Attached Thumbnails New Pup-img_0469.jpg  
Old 11-16-2014, 11:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Puppy breath! The fun begins.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:12 PM
Spike

Nice pup ! looks promissing . Jagd is my favourite working terrier breed .
Old 11-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes he's a fun little fella! He's proud of the antler shed i gave him, carries it everywhere lol. Jagdterriers are awesome dogs, in Germany they have the Heideterrier, which is bred from Airedale, Jagd and a bit of bullterrier i think. Anyway they've been line breeding them for years, use them on wild boar & other things. I was interested in them but this pup will be perfect. His name is Rowdy my 12yr old boy wanted him, since his airedale died, every kid needs a dog.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:20 PM
Spike

Yes you're right they used bull blood in Heide breeding program as the Working Wheaten terrier of Ireland (Staffordshire / BT X Wheaton ) Heide is good for boar hunting as Working Wheaten for badger drawing .. about smaller working breeds I prefer the Jagd over Patterdales - Plummers - Parson Russel or fox terriers . About your new pup F1 Airedale X Jagd cross it could result a good working dog .. stronger than pure bred jagd and the best pet companion of your son for sure ! good luck with Rowdy Regards
Old 11-23-2014, 12:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Amotragus, I shot a buck yesterday and introduced Rowdy to him, i saved some blood & the liver excited to get training him. I had a 3/4 Patterdale X 1/4 Jagd, she was a relentless hole dog! She died this year unfortunately, she never gave up had lots of grit. Do you ground/hole hunt with your Jagds?
Old 12-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Spike

Oh nice! just you have introduced him .. be patient still a very Young pup lol and about Jagds I told you that it's my fav working terrier breed , but sorry mate my last one died in the field two years ago .. I would like to own a JT again in the future . Regards
Old 01-18-2015, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking dog. Sounds like excellent blood line. Should be a heck of a tracker.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good looking pup !

Seems the cold doesn't bother him..............
Old 10-03-2015, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well our little buddy Rowdy died mysteriously 2 days ago, the fam is pretty sad . He seemed real healthy, ate real good, the same stuff that the 11yr old Airedale eats? Just gave him a ride in the car, he was completely normal?! Maybe he ate a mushroom, or it could've been that twisted stomach ailment, I'm just dumbfounded? He was only 14 months old and his 1st season of real blood trailing was just getting underway. RIP Rowdy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.