Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
Pomeranian is a sporting dog? >

Pomeranian is a sporting dog?

Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Pomeranian is a sporting dog?

Old 09-16-2013, 02:28 AM
Spike

Default Pomeranian is a sporting dog?

we are living in a village.there is vetenary clinic in our village.can i buy pomeranian.is it a disease resistant and sporting dog.

http://premiergarciniacambogia.net/
Old 09-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Spike

A Pomeranian is not a sporting dog or a hunting dog. I like to look at Pomeranians as purse dogs, they aren't sporting dogs! Give us more information about what type of dog you are looking for and what you are looking to hunt with this dog and we'll give you a suggestion or two about what breed that you should look into.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another spam Hog
Old 09-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Spike

SaltyDog, that's what I was thinking, but it wouldn't be the first time I've heard someone ask something like that before!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

A dachshund sure, a palm palm nah.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Spike

A Decoy when Lion hunting!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol Im thinking replace the goat in Jurassic Park to entice the T-Rex. Things will bark at anything.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well ... I hate to differ (sort of) but. Ten years ago I bought my wife a Pom.

Chi-Chi's dame and sire are from stock that has been kept the blood lines as close to "original" as practical. Chi-Chi is about 13" at the shoulders and is about the most tenanous "ratter" as I have ever come across. She has dug out and killed countless chipmunks and moles, and a few rabbits. The back 2-3 acres of wooded hillside appear to be an artillery practice range for an army of very tiny soldiers. She has also successfully ambushed and killed a full grown gray squirrel.

The lady that I bought Chi-Chi from told me that she is part of a group that despises what AKC has done to the breed. She went on and on about how this international group of breeders has worked to hold the size close to the oldest depictions of the breed as they have .... paintings from way back. Said that the "original" Poms were more or less a small Spitz, weighing aboutg 12#-15# and had been bred thsi small to be able run barns and grain strorage for vermine. She also tols me that Poms of this size are difficult to sell and certainly not AKC "show" dogs.

Does this make this fru-fru breed "Sporting"? Nah. And while Chi-Chi is not up to taking down a feral hog, she certainly must be a legend around the local chipmunk camp fires. (I don't think moles have camp fires. Can't find the matches.)