Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Pregnant dog?

Old 11-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Spike

Default Pregnant dog?

I have another question about my GSP that was bread with a Wiemaraner...(earlier post)

I was wondering when you can start to tell that your dog is pregnant, what signs to look forand at how far alongwill you start to notice major changes.

Kimber is my Female GSP and she first got stuck together with a Wiemaraner about 46 days ago, on Sept. 21, 2006. She was stuck together with the male Wiemaraneratleast three times that we observed. I was told they have the pups about 63-65 days later. The olny thing I notice is that she has gained a little weight and her nips are a little bigger. Is this a good sign that she is going to have pups?

Thanks, T.R.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pregnant dog?

28 days for Ultrasound --- 49 days for xrays.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Spike

Is there any other visible signs that you can see wihtout going to the vet? I am just wondering because I would really like to know what is going on with her and whether or not I should expect puppies or not.

Thanks,

T.R. McKinney
Old 11-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Typical Buck

Quote from you other post: shegot in my 3 year old Weimaraner's pin and before I knew it they were locked together

Quote from this post: She was stuck together with the male Wiemaraneratleast three times that we observed.

Im just trying to figure out Why you intentionally breed her to your Weimaraner?? seams to me you could have found a stud and made some good money on the pups.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:50 AM
Spike

It was mistake at first then after we saw them together the first time we thought oh well why not.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trmckinn

It was mistake at first then after we saw them together the first time we thought oh well why not.
The more approriate thought would have been "WHY"?

Old 11-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Spike

Well obviously if you read my other post, then you would see that there are people out there who arelooking for that type of cross. So far if she has the pups, I know five people who already asked to buy one from me. Besides I am not in it for the money. Being in college, I don't really have the luxury of alot of time on my hands, it is a little bit of an inconvenience for me. Thanks for your concern though.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trmckinn

So far if she has the pups, I know five people who already asked to buy one from me. Besides I am not in it for the money. Being in college, I don't really have the luxury of alot of time on my hands, it is a little bit of an inconvenience for me. Thanks for your concern though.
From the wording of this post, I have decided that you must either be going for a Business Management degree or Law.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:41 PM

i dont see why everyone is making a big deal about what he said... why wouldnt that cross be good? they are both great hunting dogs and mixed breeds are usually the healthier dogs and have a longer lifespan anyways..

plus the puppies should be pretty cool looking..
Old 11-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with JimmyMO32, why are you all getting so bent out of shape? It is not your dog nor is he trying to sell you guys any of these pups if they are born. Personally I like both dogs and if I had the extra cash and time for another pup right now I would love to have on of them. Now the real question is, if these pups do come, do you crop their tails or leave them? Trmckinn, sorry, I can't help you on this one, I have never had a pregnant dog before. But, if Sadie turns out to be a good hunted she may in a few years
Brandon

Quick Reply: Pregnant dog?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.