Specific Turkey Tips and Tactics How to's from cooking turkeys to conditioning calls, this forum holds it all.

Thoughts on Working Birds

Old 07-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Fine set of fundamentals it would do us all well to re-read each march. I kill a bunch of turkeys and call very little. Sometimes, im certain i call too little! I just try and b a turkey and work the cards each bird deals. In all my hunts & kills, hardly any have been alike. I think though that if a hunter does nothing else after a kill, they should study the kill( or botched kill) after the episode. Alot can b learned by a little CSI!
Old 09-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Spike

Great post!
This seems to be informative, for giving great tips with regards on the hunting strategies. I really found this to be so interesting.

I'm looking forward to hear more about from you.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

SC,

I read this article several months ago, but I'm sitting in my blind (right now) frustrated after 15 days into the season (with only 5 remaining) and no turkey. Thank u blackberry (LOL) I just reread it. I definitely identified some things I can do differently or try! This is my first season, so reading this after a few weeks in the woods was the best thing I did for my hunt since getting a blind!!!

Kim
Old 01-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

wow...read all this and all i can say is THANK YOU! this is great advice especially to a new turkey hunter.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:31 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

You said it brother! That is a great article, you really put it all out there! I will deffinatly recommend the new hunters who ask for advise read this! I've killed several birds scratching leaves, but never payed close attention to the rythem! I'm trying that and I'm sure it will make a difference. Ive always been into the turkey sounds other than just calling and also knowing where the birds spend time. I love the woodsman ship of turkey hunting more than the calling. I feel like it really gets you back in the roots of hunting itself. Can't believe I just read this!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 AM
Fork Horn

Great reading, thanks!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Great post thanks for sharing.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:36 AM
Spike

thanks for sharing this informative post. it is important to follow the hunting tip to do bird hunting. I am also planning to go for hunting next month, I will surly follow the tips of your post.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes!! This is really well worth reading for everyone out there.. There is a lot of great info in this post..
Old 07-01-2014, 04:49 AM
Spike

nice thread..tank

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Working Birds

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.