" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Going to OKL.-- >

Going to OKL.--

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Going to OKL.--

Old 01-17-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Going to OKL.--

Afriend &I are planning a muzzle loader hunt inOKL> around Altus (Jackson Co.) Any one from OKL. Can give as any advice?
Old 01-18-2005, 11:36 AM

Default RE: Going to OKL.--

Hunted OK the last two years. What type of advice you looking for? Where do you normally hunt, what's it like?

Our place in mid-western OK is loaded with smallish deer, cedar trees everywhere. Perfect place for black powder, actually. lots of shots under 100 or right at it.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:48 PM

I don't know much about the Altus area. I have a lease in Northwestern Craig county approx 6 miles south of the kansas border and we have a good mixture of bucks from say 140 pound to around 190 with the best scoring buck taken being 161 3/8 net, so far. I would contact the Game warden for that area and get some leads from him.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:37 PM

SORRY ABOUT THAT!!!!!!! I read the black power season run,s 9 days ---Oct. 23 the start ? We live in N.J. & we hunt public land/ state ground ,small deer ( but they been getting some nice racks/ seen them but no shots) What kind of weather should we look for? Here in NEW JERSEY IBOW HUNTED IN WINTER GEAR ONE DAY &FALL GEAR THE NEXT !!!! iIheard the river bottoms really hold the deer ? THANKS IF ANYONE OF YOU,S HAVE ANY MORE INFO LET ME KNOW THANKS AGAIN
Old 01-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Well man I have lived in Oklahoma all my life and hunted here. I hunt out by Calumet. The deer out there on our land travel through the creek bottoms and the taller grass. They come out to eat last 30 minutes of light. The weather isn't near as bad as the wind is. The wind will blow from the Southwest and then the next minute it could be blowing from the east. just a little about Oklahoma
Old 01-19-2005, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Buckmasterflex

Well man I have lived in Oklahoma all my life and hunted here. I hunt out by Calumet. The deer out there on our land travel through the creek bottoms and the taller grass. They come out to eat last 30 minutes of light. The weather isn't near as bad as the wind is. The wind will blow from the Southwest and then the next minute it could be blowing from the east. just a little about Oklahoma
Thanks for the info------- with the wind , it sounds like where I DO ALL MY HUNTING HERE IN NEW JERSEY !!!! Even the time they feed . ( HOW THE MORNING HUNTING ? )
Old 01-20-2005, 05:41 PM

I live in Altus so I could probably help you out quite abit if you have any questions post them and ill check back frequently
Old 01-21-2005, 04:53 PM

Hey Thewall_13--------- I have a sister& brother -in law who live 7 miles North of Altus (Idrove there 6yrs ago- Had fun ----- but no hunting) Im planning a deer hunt (for 2) Black power . My brother in law is asking some of his friends that hunt maybe to show us around !!!! maybe a spot or two to go hunting .But do you know of any public land too hunt Any info will help Thanks
Old 02-12-2005, 06:59 PM

cant help you out too much ybuck (sry).... but the only places I know of are at sandy sanders which you have to draw a tag. And some public hunting at Duncan but u can only use a bow. I'll try to find some more spots and get back to you on that
Old 02-13-2005, 03:57 PM

hey Ybuck,are u cominout with a guy named larry? maybe do some pigstickin?