Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Cold Coming/Rut Near/Arkansas >

Cold Coming/Rut Near/Arkansas

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Cold Coming/Rut Near/Arkansas

Old 10-31-2004, 08:44 AM

Default Cold Coming/Rut Near/Arkansas

Well guys I've been a waiting for some cooler weather to happen and looks like starting next week that's what we're going to get.... Sure has been misrable sitting in that tree lounge sweating all day with my carbon, safety vest, rubber boots, ect on. And now that the full moon is past in a few days hopefully them there deer won't be feeding as much all night. Anyone starting to see any rub lines in central to southern Arkansas yet? I've hated to get out and tromp through any of my hunting areas and push any of them big bucks out. Anyway, I'm sure ready to be able to use my insulated camo face mask and sit in comfort.... Have a great bow season everyone!!!!....
Old 11-01-2004, 07:51 PM

Default RE: Cold Coming/Rut Near/Arkansas

Seen quite a few just across the stateline in Oklahoma, we hunt near Fort Smith and Van Buren, it appears to be rut central over here.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:59 AM

Glad to hear you're getting plenty of action!! Just saw one of those nice bucks!! The weather has changed here and after I vote today I'm taking off for a few days to see what I can get in my Parker sights.... Was seeing alot of forkies and spikes....hope the big boys will be cruising now.... Have a great bow season!!!
Old 11-04-2004, 06:23 AM

Amen to that, Just got my brand new PSE tunned and ready. I went last Friday night and Saturday morning but very warm. No movement. Tried last night at brother n law land but damn cows came in and literlly sat on me. Trying again Friday night Sat morning. Thank goodness for same high 30's on those nights. Hunting North Central AR
Old 11-04-2004, 04:07 PM

i hunt in clevland county how have you all been doing do any of yall hunt in south ark its goint ot be an awsome season we need to keep this tread going about wat we r seeing guys good luck next week
Old 11-05-2004, 10:19 AM

I hunt in central AR and I've seen alot of rubs and a few scrapes. This should be a good weekend like you said with the full moon passing and this cold front that has moved in. Good luck.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:51 AM

Just got back from 2 days of bow hunting Howard Co. Took one nice doe. Saw plenty of deer. Bet I saw 15-20 spikes and forkies. Three point rule here and I'm glad. There's going to be some amazing hunting in a few years when these small boys are given a chance to grow. Almost had a 4x4 close enough to arrow but it wouldn't turn broadside. I'm being pretty picky this year cause I have plenty of time to fill my other 2 tags. Of the small boys I only saw one of them with it's nose to the ground doing the hound dog thing.... It's looking awfully good this year!!!! Good luck to everyone filling the freezer this year!!!!
Old 11-08-2004, 07:46 AM

Movement here in North Central was wonderful. Starting to see them much more often. Took a very nick doe to put the first meat in the freezer. Now looking towards finding that nice buck.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:35 AM

I believe the rut is here!
scrapes that weren't there two weeks ago are there! i found just bunches of scrapes yesterday . one that had branches chewed up and shredded about 6' up and had fresh wet dirt !
doe sightings are down i think because the bucks are pressuring them . i have found that in the early rut all bucks just pester the crap out of any doe. so they stay to thick cover. they are also moving at night alot. last night coming home i saw lots of deer on the highway. and the night movement will only get worse with the movement of the city into the woods. the first weekend IMO your best chance is the first day in the first few hours. after the war begins they sometimes seem to lay up.
personally i have always had the best luck about two to three weeks into the season when the wannabes get tired and GO HOME!

But there is definitely love in the air for the deer with the number of scrapes and fresh rubs i have seen. i know of a few that have seen chasing already but that isnt surprising cause there are does that have already been bred for a few weeks.

But anyway it's time to go get after it. i have already seen one shooter yesterday and if he returns saturday he will be shot!

Good luck to all and if you can get as far away from other folks as you can and you might just have luck.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:24 AM

Hi...new poster here. I'm in beautiful south Arkansas too, and I am also seeing the signs of a season of fantastic deer hunting. I found some really good sign this weekend...fresh scrapes and rubs. I guess this cold weather has got the boys feeling frisky. Good luck to everyone. Enjoy the great outdoors!

Quick Reply: Cold Coming/Rut Near/Arkansas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.