Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 NC WRC Lifetime Sportsman license >

NC WRC Lifetime Sportsman license

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

NC WRC Lifetime Sportsman license

Old 01-05-2004, 03:23 PM

Default NC WRC Lifetime Sportsman license

Is it worth it?

It would be $500 for me and 350 for my kid. The website says that (http://216.27.49.98/fs_index_01_license.htm) this will cover fish and game for the rest of our lives.

Is this a good deal? What problems can you see. Do you think that they will cancel it at some time? Seems like a really good deal but from the Guvment I am wary - I don't like buyem every year but this seems like it would save me some cash i guess. $850 is a lot for a mechanic but then it is for life

any opinnions?

Ernie from Wake, NC

"O"
Old 01-05-2004, 04:34 PM

Default RE: NC WRC Lifetime Sportsman license

The website says that this will cover fish and game for the rest of our lives.
All except for Trapping and Waterfowl.

Is this a good deal?
How old are you now? How many more years do you think you will be able to hunt? Multiply the number by $40 and see which is more. If you think you will hunt for the next 20 or so, I think the Lifetime License will pay for itself. As for the Government putting a stop to hunting, I think that depends on us.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

I my state (Oklahoma) the lifetime combo is now 750.00. I bought mine in 1984 at the price of 375.00. I would go ahead and get it before the price increases. Mine has paid for it self many times.
Old 01-05-2004, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another thing to consider is if you or your son were to move to another state and wanted to return to hunt on a regular basis the out of state license fee would be covered.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

I've had my NC lifetime license for 5 years now. Tomorrow I will be 34 years old. If I get lucky and make it to 42 then the license has paid for itself. My son was born in 1995 and as soon as I got his social security number his lifetime was ordered. For children under the age of 1 it's only $200 and it already looks as is that investment will pay off.

If I remember correctly all of the money collected from lifeime licenses goes into a special account to draw interest. The money itself is not spent but the interest is used to pay for services of the WRC. Basically if the WRC invests the money from the lifetime license sales wisely they make more money in the long run than they do from the guy that pays his $40 each year for a license. All in all I would say it is a good thing.