Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Hurricane IRMA >

Hurricane IRMA

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Hurricane IRMA

Old 09-07-2017, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Default Hurricane IRMA

Hope all you guys from Florida are staying safe!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope those from Fl have gotten out of dodge at least a few days ago. Been through plenty of hurricanes and we are even prepping here in eastern NC for its arrival. Fl will get hit pretty bad from what it looks like and with my family down there most have already left, my niece arrived last night around 0200, and will be moving on up with her friend to NJ. My brother and his family are heading to Atlanta area and have been spending alot of time going slow on the roads or waiting in long, long, long lines for gas. Think gas shortages in 70's is what they are dealing with trying to get out.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully and this is not to minimize the situation our opening archery day is this Saturday with low 60's to low 70's all day so hoping to get into the woods at least once before the storm comes.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

My folks left Naples yesterday early morning and it took them 10 hrs to get to Lake City. They just now made it into Louisiana and have finally found a hotel room to rest before heading up here in Oklahoma. If folks haven't left yet it will be hell trying to get out of there.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Gas, water, and plywood down south think Miami is tough to come by. I got family headed my way to the center of the state. I'm working the whole storm at the Water Plant. South Florida is gonna get hammered along with anything on the east side of the storm. Best news for us would be it making a hard right turn sooner than forcasted and jumping out to sea. Worst case is it stays tracking west and goes left of the penenlusa and stays in the warm water of the gulf for longer hitting FL with the dirty side of the cane.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope that everyone stays safe and I'll say a prayer for all of you!
Old 10-05-2017, 07:33 AM
Spike

Default Work

All good here. Thinks have finally slowed down some and now here comes another one. I had no damage to speak of but have been to several other utility company's helping out.

Thanks

Buck