Was wondering if any of you all using dogs for coyotes or has calling take over
Old 05-24-2017, 06:09 PM
Spike

I live in ky what part you from
Old 06-01-2017, 04:59 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by bearbow49
I live in ky what part you from
clay county down in the South East part you?
Old 06-04-2017, 06:40 PM
Spike

Never hunted them with dogs, I sure despise them. I moved Levy County thirty years ago and live on forty acres near Cedar Key. At that time there were gopher turtle mounds about every five hundred feet, there are no more. The ?#@&><; coyotes have dug them up and used them for dens. I've done o.k. using large box traps near the den and dispatched them that way and when I see one in the woods just shoot them on sight. The other night a pack of them were in my back yard. I put on my night vision googles and killed two using my Mossberg turkey shotgun with number four steel shot. But they are sure a pain.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Spike

Huh never heard of anyone using cage traps was it in the summer when they had pups or in the winter time
Old 06-06-2017, 11:24 AM
Spike

Well they aren't box traps in reality. I use a couple of my hog traps that are 8x8 foot square with a roof and built like a fortress, the large size is not as intimidating as a box trap. As far as breeding season I see the bastards throwing a litter all year with no seasonal timing, probably because our cold season here is not as great like it was at one time. My wife has two cats (I hate cats) but to keep her happy the cats sleep on the back porch that is screened in. Last night a coyote attempted to get through the screen door I guess to dine on some kitty. I got a shot off at the him, heard a yelp and hope I wounded him.