Summit Climber Users >

Summit Climber Users

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Summit Climber Users

Old 01-23-2016, 08:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Summit Climber Users

You may want to invest in a pair of these..19.00 on Amazon...

I just about had a costly accident this year..A friend on here { Can see the off season forum..named Mr. Davis.} told me about this product WOW!! they work..it's like your stand is bolted to the tree.

NOTE..I pull the stabilizer straps snug when my butt is on the rail when I'm as high as I want to go..this is much safer,,,and much more secure.

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-23-2016 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:47 PM
Spike

that's not too bad there. my stand (not a summit however) has two holes around the rear of the stand on each side of the teeth that accommodate a strap they include with it. I didn't like it so I replaced it with a ratchet strap and let me tell you it doesn't move a 1/4 inch in any direction after I strap it down.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:45 AM
Typical Buck

Those look like they would work. However summit climbers come with a strap that is suppose to be used to secure the seat portion to the tree when you reach you final height. I put mine around the tree at the "teeth" portion of the upper piece and pull it tight so the teeth can not disengage the tree.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:49 PM
Spike

Yep. That's exactly how my API is.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Been using the stabilizer straps from Third Hand on my Goliath and Viper for several years now. They work very well and also lock the 2 sections together very tight when packing.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:54 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by VAhuntr
Been using the stabilizer straps from Third Hand on my Goliath and Viper for several years now. They work very well and also lock the 2 sections together very tight when packing.
That's enough reasoning there to get a pair. Kind of an integrated multi use strap system.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:05 AM
Spike

Interesting. Ill have to give this a try.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

I use the strap that came with the tree stand.

If you have a Summit, you know the one I mean. The one he left off so he could knock it down to make it look like you need his product.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Spike

I don't have a summit, but I'm ordering an equalizer. I called them and they said that their stands come with "posi-lock" straps which are identical to the stabilizer straps y'all are talking about. From my research they are the most stable climbers out there.
Anyone have one and a summit to make a comparison?
Old 04-14-2017, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have been using summit for many years, I have three. They do come with a strap to secure the seat portion to the tree once on place, this is super stable. I attach my backpack strap, which is secured to the seat portion, to the lower platform thus creating a reliably locked unit. With the unit secured to the tree and the use of a safety harness, I feel pretty good.