Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Looking for someone to shoot me a deer >

Looking for someone to shoot me a deer

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Looking for someone to shoot me a deer

Old 12-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Spike

Understood... Didn't know the laws.. obviously it is not appropriate to ask for a such favour in this circle - just wanted to try, cause it was very hard to find venison in large quantity anywhere else. Thanks for everyone's time sharing ideas and opinions.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

The only legal way you can do this w/o hunting yourself is to have a friend that hunts to give you his deer that was killed and checked in your state by him. He cannot sell the meat it has to be a gift and in VA you will need the checking tag number to have the meat processed.

Like said above if the meat comes from a CWD state you won't be able to bring it into a state that doesn't have CWD (cronic waisting disease) unless its deboned.

Check your local game laws before doing anything or talk to a gamewarden.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Dominant Buck

There are plenty of white tailed deer farms in the USA that will ship to your house...as well as elk, antelope etc...but you will pay. I bought some venison jerky off of ebay..be prepared to pay anywhere from 500- 1000 dollars for a deer plus shipping...but there are plenty of farm raised deer available...but that takes out the fun..it's much more enjoyable to scout...set up...and make that perfect shot to praise the Lord and drag that trophy to your truck...

Last edited by Chuck7; 01-29-2015 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why didn't anyone suggest him looking for roadkill?
Old 02-16-2015, 02:54 PM
Banned

just assumed if he couldn't kill his own deer he wouldn't be capable of processing one either
Old 02-16-2015, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

where ya at? I'm in wv, we can work something out
RR
Old 02-18-2015, 02:51 AM
Dominant Buck

WHen I first came here in 2005...I put up a post asking if any hunters would let me hunt on their property...I'm from central FL..A man from Missouri invited me to hunt his 100 acres in the Ozark..It was one of the best times of my life..I shot an 8 point in 30 mnutes..and when I left he stuck more deer meat, wild turkey and elk in there as well. The next year I couldn;t make it..so he sent me 70 pounds of meat through UPS. 1 1/2 day express...On my birthday he sent me a new muzzle loader..we are still friends..I've blessed him a lot too..{-; I 'll post a pic of him and me. It was a 16 1/2 hour drive...I"ve also had another member on here bless me with deer meat twice...after a few years I've learned how to hunt a little better..Of course God is the main provider...so all thanks goes to Him.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/memb...huck-strut.jpg

Last edited by Chuck7; 02-18-2015 at 02:55 AM.