Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
Virginia Rapidan WMA for 2014? >

Virginia Rapidan WMA for 2014?

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Virginia Rapidan WMA for 2014?

Old 09-17-2014, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Virginia Rapidan WMA for 2014?

Going to hunt the main Rapidan Tract (between Fork and Doubletop Mountains) for the first three days of muzzleloader season early this Nov. I'm somewhat familiar with the area, having hunted it about 3 years ago late in the season. We did not see much. I'm thinking the bear hunting (lots of dogs) cause the deer to bug out by December.

Curious if anyone has recently hunted this tract. Also would love to find a decent map that indicates where the main trails are. Last time I was there I was crashing through the heavy growth way too much. Took a while to find the trails up the mountains. I recall that there was a blue marked trail that ran the ridgeline of Doubletop.

Thanks,
Old 09-18-2014, 10:49 PM
Spike

I'm planning on taking my kid in there for our first muzzleloader hunt opening day.. No idea where to go. We drove through Skyline Drive and saw bear and deer, so I'm hoping for some good luck in Rapidan. When do they start running dogs in there?
Old 09-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Armed Hiker
When do they start running dogs in there?
I believe dogs are allowed begining with the general firearms bear season, November 24 through January 3. It should be fine for deer ML season.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:31 AM
Spike

great plave too hunt hunted there alot when i lived in va