Where to hunt south florida >

Where to hunt south florida

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Where to hunt south florida

Old 09-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Where to hunt south florida

Were in keylargo gonna be till spring. Love the water beachs fishing but not too much hunting here. So south florida it is.
Where would be the best place to focus my effort. Heres what i wonna do.

Deer hunt of coarse
Hog hunt. Very high on my list
Rifle hunting

Im leaning toward around ockegobbe (spellcheck)
Or the everglades
So whats the pros and cons of each. Or where would u recommend i go
Old 09-27-2014, 09:55 AM
Spike

Default Hogs

For hogs there are numerous outfitters listed. We use Chappy's in Lakeport. It is about 11 miles East of Moore Haven. Plenty of hogs and lots of other game and wildlife you can see. Can't help you on deer hunting in Florida.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

FL has a lot of WMAs that allow deer hunting. Some are on quota and some aren't. I have hunted a lot on the panhandle but not in South FL. My suggestion is go to the FLW webiste and see what is available in the area you're interested in. For what it is worth there are a couple of places in South FL that have exotics like axis deer and water buffalo if that is your thing. There are also some guys that hunt private land year round for gators and there are a number of deer outfitters as well.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by flags
FL has a lot of WMAs that allow deer hunting. Some are on quota and some aren't. I have hunted a lot on the panhandle but not in South FL. My suggestion is go to the FLW webiste and see what is available in the area you're interested in. For what it is worth there are a couple of places in South FL that have exotics like axis deer and water buffalo if that is your thing. There are also some guys that hunt private land year round for gators and there are a number of deer outfitters as well.
I think he meant myfwc.com the FWC website.